Herbalism Paths/Careers

2»

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

This might be helpful. There is a free course & an upgrade available. This is only open until Aug. 14, 2020.

I am signing up. The more knowledge & tools at my disposal, the better.

• smik123
    smik123 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. I find this very helpful. Since I used to live the SAD, pill & procedure lifestyle until I got arthritis I now have a passion for helping others and herbalism is a great way to do it. Love this info.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@LaurieLovesLearning I have done this and it is a great introductory course.

Lesson 1 has quite a bit about legalities and lots of links depending on which country you live in.

• Ethereal Earth
    Ethereal Earth Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

I LOVE Herbal Academy and am currently working on their Entrepreneurial course. I have taken many of their other courses. Sajah from Evolutionary Herbalism will also do the occasional free course as well as Commonwealth Herbs.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @LaurieLovesLearning ! I'm all signed up.

• Ethereal Earth

Another career path I just thought of is herbal vet care or animal care.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@Ethereal Earth That would be like Doc Jones or Naturahorse from AU!

• Acequiamadre
    Acequiamadre Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

The Herbal Academy has this course, free through today: https://theherbalacademy.com/product/becoming-herbalist-mini-course/

From their site:

Has anyone ever asked you, What does an herbalist DO?

It can be challenging to explain the multi-faceted life of an herbalist! Though herbalists work in the wellness field, herbalists are not doctors! In fact, in many areas of the world, herbalism is not a licensed profession.

An herbalist may work in a clinical setting, sell herbal products as a business owner, grow herbs, write about herbs, or be a family herbalist who uses herbs at home. 

For any type of herbalist, even more challenging than explaining what an herbalist does can be navigating the legal, ethical, and logistical considerations of using herbs, when there are not a lot of guideposts available along the path.

If you are searching for this guidance, we welcome you to join us in our Free Becoming an Herbalist Mini Course, a series of guideposts on your journey as an herbalist. This exploratory course will inform and enlighten your herbal path – wherever it takes you! 

I have not gone through the course, but Free makes it low-risk to explore. It comes with some planning and reflection sheets, I think.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited August 2020

@Acequiamadre haha...great minds think alike. That's the course that I mentioned at the top of the second page. A few of us have signed up already & @torey has taken it before. 😉

Thanks for mentioning it again & including a summary for those who might need a little more coaxing! 😊

• Ethereal Earth

@LaurieLovesLearning I will have to check them out. Having some knowledge of herbal plant allies for pets can at least help if there is an emergency and no vet open.