WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF THE DAY?

COWLOVINGIRL
COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

What is you favorite part of the day? For me, it's really hard to choose! I love morning, when the air is so fresh and cool, I love late afternoon, and I also love summer evenings! What is your pick?

P.S. OR, JUST SAY WHY YOU LIKE THE WHOLE DAY!!!!!!!

Comments

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

It used to be very difficult to get out of bed in the morning, heck it still is, so evening was/is my best time as my mind and body were/are one at that point. When thyroid issues aren't raging, morning is the best time to be out and about. It seems as if the whole world is calmer, nicer, happier. But then again, anytime I find a giant Dahlia in the garden is just the most special time regardless of the hour.

• Ferg
    Ferg Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

i like Early Morning Coolness Cuppa with the Kitties (that's an awful lot of alliteration!) and the birds.

that being said, I usually don't get that because I work best in the evening so I don't fall asleep until the morning so... you get the idea.

• bcabrobin
    bcabrobin Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

I do best in the mornings but where we live on the western side of the mt. we don't see the sunrise unless I'm on my way to work driving into it. But I love the quiet of that time of day, as quiet as a farm can be with roosters, ducks and everyone else. But love to take my coffee to the swing out in the yard and enjoy.

We have been ending our days this summer by sitting at the edge of the driveway to watch the sunsets (that's the only place that doesn't have trees blocking the view). I'm going to miss those few minutes we're together and the world is shut off, we have watched the baby deer grow up, the buck grow his horns, the sun move closer each day to the other mt top. The homestead shutting down for the night is so peaceful.

So I have a hard time saying my favorite, too!

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

I'm a morning person. I love the solitude, being able to relax, think, read and potter around in the veggie garden. Especially in summertime, when the mornings are cooler. Saying that, every day is a great day.☺️

• dimck421
    dimck421 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

I like the entire day for various reasons. I must admit, however, there is something super special about a sunrise and sunset. The sun kissing the trees good morning, to begin the day. Then, watching the sun kiss the tress, bidding them a nice rest until they meet again. Both provide a very special show.

• Is it wrong if I say when my head hits the pillow and I can catch some ZZZZ's? LOL.

Actually my favorite part of the day varies from day to day... some days its seeing a newly hatched chick or when my husband or teens bring in more produce from our garden.

• happy-trails
    happy-trails Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

My favorite part of the day is when my heart has been touched by the very essence of love.

It could be that somebody took the time to communicate care and kindness to me, or maybe I showed a neighbor compassion or helped a friend with something difficult. Maybe an hour spent in quality conversation, hugs of joy, or even the comfort found in grieving together, or sharing laughter over something you were previously laughing at alone.

These are the moments that bind hearts together; precious and meaningful. It is moments like these that often make my day and infuse such "life" into my life. Nothing is more important than people! Not our to-do lists, not our projects, our work, nothing. I have resolved to take some time each day to reach out and show some love. Remember also to accept love and blessings from others.

You are worthy of love.

🌎️Earthling

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite time is early morning. I do love the solitude and just feel more connected to the earth. Every season has it's beautiful mornings. If I do sleep in for whatever reason, I feel like I have missed half my day. Maybe it's because rising early was a way of life from childhood on. It's just so peaceful and quiet, watching the world wake up. The sunrise tells the world it's time to get busy.

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin
    edited August 2020

Difficult one.

I like early mornings to watch the sunrise and the different birds starting their morning songs and watching nature start the day.

But...

I also like summer evenings to see the sun set and the bats starting to chase insects over the garden or the hedgehog sniffing around the flower beds. And the owls hooting in the woods.

• dianne.misspooz
    dianne.misspooz Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

I come to life around 5pm. Seriously. That's when I get most of my gardening done until the sun does down. Now that summer is fading out, I'm going to have to readjust what time I get in the garden. My garden won't be as ambitious in the fall/winter though so I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

Dianne

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love first thing in the morning and the evening. Everyone is in bed except me and the cats. I love the solitude.

• Merin Porter
    Merin Porter Posts: 1,026 admin

Depends. If we're talking productivity, it's definitely mornings for me. But if we're talking about recharging, it's evenings. There was one season when I was really trying to eek out more productivity by bypassing my evening "down time" in favor of "getting stuff done," and I found that I was getting really cranky. Turns out I really need that down time to recharge. So, I stopped beating myself up about not getting much "useful" done past about 8:30 p.m., and have started just enjoying that time doing interesting, entertaining things.

• dalans
    dalans Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

I used to love every part of the day, on the farm that I grew up on. The mornings are quiet, the sun is coming up,,,the skies are beautiful yellowish/orange. The evenings are slowing down, the sun is setting...the skies are orange/red with occasionally purple thrown in. Then I grew up and got a job. Then married. Then kids. Then divorced. At this point, I'm starting to love late evening. The boys have gone to bed and I'm sitting up reading a book or watching a movie. When there is quiet time on a weekend, I'm in the hammock with 1 or both of the boys reading or playing video games. {boys are doing the gaming, I'm doing the reading 😉} Then the boys grew up and out of the house. Getting back to the loving every part of the day. I work 8-9 hours a day at a job away from home. Solving everyone else's problems and not having enough time for my obligations. Having to bring my work home and adding 4-5 hours to my already hectic day just to complete what I'm responsible for. Also adding 10-12 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. Along came COVID and, I'm having to read and research reliable sites (WHO, CDC, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and Kansas Department of Health and Environment) to keep myself up on all the latest and greatest information to be able to keep my facility on top of all the ever changing mound of what is COVID. Today I had to start testing all of our staff weekly based on the rate of positivity by county per state from a website. One more thing added to the daily duties. Now the 3 day weekend of Labor Day coming up will turn into working all 3 to get caught back up. That's why I don't get on the computer every night to check out all the forums and add my two cents worth in. Sorry to have rambled on, but with all that said........ I'd have to say that now my favorite part of the day is going to be retirement. 🙂

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

dalans  Thanks for your comment! Yes, I can see why!

• IrisB
    IrisB Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

It depends on the season.

• IrisB
    IrisB Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

I love it when the ducks come home from a day foraging. Telling sign to slow down and change gears.

• MelissaLynne
    MelissaLynne Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I love mornings! The kids are usually well rested and playing happily. It is a fresh start to a new day full of possibilities.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

morning..without a doubt. oh, and then at the end of the day...bedtime lol

• RustBeltCowgirl

@dalans

"I'd have to say that now my favorite part of the day is going to be retirement." I so agree. Just need to decide when. 2021 or try to hang on a year or two more.

• dalans

@RustBeltCowgirl I have several more years than you. I have to hit at least 67 which will be 2028 at least.

• RustBeltCowgirl

@dalans I'm only going to be 62 in 2021. Not planning to stop working, just get out of the factory. I technically have 2 pensions and a 401K. I'm going to find something that will still allow me to contribute to SS and keep putting money in a Roth account.

• dalans

@RustBeltCowgirl Sounds like a great idea! I have 2 401Ks, one from a past job and one from this one. Still not much to live on. Not sure about SS either. I at least have to wait until I can get Medicare or get all my health problems lined out with herbs. That's why I'm trying to take all the herbal medicine and foraging classes I can.