Plums!!

I have a ton of plums and no idea what to do with them! Suggestions please!

Comments

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@Nancy Carter how about plum jam, spicy bbq plum sauce, upside down plum cake, stewed plums, plum crumble, plum and rosemary jelly. Check out the great recipe app Yummly, recipes from around the world.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@Nancy Carter What kind of plums do you have? Italian prune plums make a great base for a variety of sauces. Americans might not know this product but people from other parts might. HP Sauce. A staple in so many households. I have a recipe for a copy cat version that uses prune plums as its base. Is it as popular in Australia, too, @jodienancarrow?

I'm in agreement with the upside down plum cake regardless of what type of plums. I have made a spicy Asian plum sauce a couple of times using different plums. Great for dipping.

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Plum wine or mead!

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@torey the big BBQ sauce V HP sauce debate! People who are of english heritage lean toward HP. The others, well they're missing out. Must be a more commonwealth country thing!

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been adding plums to other fruits when I second ferment my kombuchas. I made a nectarine cobbler last night to use them up since they were going bad fast. I never thought of making that kind of cobber before but it was really good. Maybe make a plum cobber.

• Plum jam and plum wine are both divine!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I love plum jam, stewed plums, and add them to crisps. Also, I dehydrate them when I have a bunch!

• Nancy Carter
    Nancy Carter Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

@torey I am not sure what type of plums they are!