I was lucky enough yesterday to get a great deal on a fairly large amount of garlic. Planning to peel and ferment it in honey. Has anyone ever tried this?
I have read about it for a long time but never tried it myself. I love the honey garlic flavor and fermenting will mean lots of probiotics.
I buy raw honey from a family member who is an apiarist (Bee Keeper) So I know exactly what I am getting. It is not local to my area but the cost here is almost triple what I can get from him, and I do love the orange blossom honey as well as other flavors he has available.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter