Evolutionary Tree of Plant Based Foods by Colorado State

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited October 2020 in Other News

Wow, I found this infographic and work by Colorado State Univ. to be very interesting.

This professor is really way overthinking things... LOL (isn't that what PhD's do???). Like he is going through all this theory to come to common sense... But he seems to be getting there in terms of realizing a diverse diet of whole foods is best.

I am fascinated by the tree he has constructed. And the implications of finding true diversity via that route.

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hah! Just saw this quote which seem in line with this topic:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.” Stephen Hawking

• Desiree
    Desiree Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Thanks @Marjory Wildcraft that was an interesting read. I do wish the message of whole food vs ingredient food would catch on in a grander way. Unfortunately so many have lost the ability to cook whole food because they were not taught how.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

Wow. I could not read the whole thing, so skipped to the bottom.

I think part of his overthinking is to help satisfy/change the minds of his science-only peers and direct them to think a little more our of the box while providing "proof." That was alluded to at the end of the article.

Good for him that he is teaching his students to think, and he is willing to mentor. Both are sadly greatly missing in today's society.