Marjory talk on Holistic Oral Health summit

soeasytocraft
soeasytocraft Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in General Health

Did anyone listen to Marjory’s awesome talk this week? Has anyone found a great holistic dentist?

I would like to get her free ebook about remineralizing teeth. The web address twothirds.com she gave isn’t anywhere close. Perhaps I heard wrong. Would love it if someone has the correct link to share. Thanks.

Comments

• soeasytocraft

I didn’t give up and found the link for the ebook! Here it is if anyone is interested.

https://growyourowngroceries.clickfunnels.com/launch-page-11034811

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @soeasytocraft . I've been using horsetail on and off for teeth, hair, nails, etc, but really should have done a little more research such as that given with the free information in the link.

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin

OH MY! That's a really old link! Reach out to Nikki at happiness@thegrownetwork.com and she'll hook you up with the free eBook that Marjory mentions in the post.

The team and I have realized that the link she provides in the talk doesn't link up to the right place! 🤦‍♀️

We'll see if we can get it hooked up correctly. In the meantime, e-mail Nikki and she'll e-mail you the eBook! happiness@thegrownetwork.com

• soeasytocraft

@Ruth Ann Reyes I eventually found the ebook and posted it above. Thanks. Unless there is a better option I think we’re good. 😊

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@frogvalley Where did you get your horsetail plant? Or are you using the powder?

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz I have one horsetail plant at my lake house, but I can't remember where I bought it. I think it is Hymale. There is also another species up at some property we own. I chew on these occasionally - very rarely really. It's in a tincture (Telmateia) I take as well as some supplements.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@frogvalley Yes it's the Hymale I'm looking for...

• Tammy
    Tammy Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

I missed the summit unfortunately. I have really bad teeth due to a genetic disease. I had some horsetail but it died. Would love to get some more.

• soeasytocraft

@Tammy horsetail grows readily here. I just don’t know if it’s the right kind. Not sure how to find out.

• spanthegulf
    spanthegulf Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

I bought the DVD package, which came with a couple of small horsetail plants (Equisetum hymale)... I've been nursing them along for about a year now in a pot. But (shame on me!) I've been distracted by other projects and haven't actually <<used>> them! I'm trying to identify a location on the property where I can try to naturalize them. If I ever get them to that point I'll be happy to share. I'll try to post at that time.

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

@soeasytocraft Hi! I went to an knowledgable dentist in Ladner, BC around 1998 and had most of my mercury containing fillings removed. They did make some mistakes though and I think I got sick from that. They have a cool dentistry where they talk about the acupuncture points in teeth and biocompatibility of dental materials. For info and a directory, see: https://iaomt.org/

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@spanthegulf @soeasytocraft I have lots of horsetail locally too. I would like to identify its variety too. I think looking at an ethnobotany book might be helpful. What uses did the indigenous people make of the local horsetail?

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

Horsetail grows abundantly in my area. Problem is, it loves the shoulders of the roads. I won't harvest there and it is questionable in many of the other areas too. I had a friend who had it growing in her back yard, but she has moved so that is no longer an option.

I also started going to a mercury free/safe holistic dentist a couple of years ago and had all the mercury removed from my mouth. She did it safely so that I didn't have the toxicity problems that I had when my previous dentist replaced a couple of fillings within a weeks time. He didn't use mercury to replace the old fillings but he didn't protect me from all the drilling of the mercury and he didn't take out all of the mercury, just capped it. My holistic dentist had me take glutathion and vitamin C. She also had me take charcoal to get the mercury out of my system. While she was removing the mercury from my mouth, she was also giving me ozone.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@flowerpower All that I have heard is that it was used to clean pots, etc.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@monica197 I can't find any interactions or contraindications between black walnut and horsetail.