Chicken Feet

2»

Comments

• I've eaten plenty of chicken feet in Asia, and I'm not opposed to cooking and eating them, but I never will, because I use every single chicken foot I can get my grubby little hands on to make BONE BROTH for my wife who suffers from arthritis. Those chicken feet are packed full of COLLAGEN. Some of you might pay a supplement company for powdered collagen. Chicken feet are a great, usually free source of collagen that is easier to make and more bio available. You can usually have chicken feet for the asking from rural people who process chickens, at least in my area. To me it is a very valuable resource.

A few weeks ago I saw one of my favorite French chefs, Jaques Pepin, cook and eat chicken feet, but of course now I can't find it at all-- the internet is a fickle thing.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

When I buy my butchered chickens for eating, I buy the feet too for cooking with the carcass for bone broth. I am glad to have learned the nutritional value of them and such an easy way to use them. I don't plan to eat them.