Forks over Knives

RustBeltCowgirl
RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure how many might be interested in this. But, I'm putting it out here.

Forks Over Knives helped launch the concept of a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle as a path to vibrant health and wellness. It started as a feature film released in 2011.

Here are 3 PDF copies of the info-zine that is published quarterly. Each is about 100 pages.

Hope you find something interesting in them.

Comments

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this! I started reading the winter issue and it looks really yummy.

I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but I mostly avoid dairy and try to eat a lot of vegetables. Vegan books and blogs have been very helpful to me.

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

My daughter watched the original movie and chose the vegan lifestyle because of it. Occasionally she will eat meat and dairy, but not often. I love some of the vegan dishes.

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

I didn’t know this was a magazine too! I have watched the movie and several similar documentaries.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting. I saw the documentary when it first came out but didn't know there was a magazine. Looking forward to exploring them.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another very interesting documentary to understand the modern commodities-growing business is "King Corn" by together by Ian Cheney and Curt Ellis, two young men. They took a year to investigate how the corn industry works. They worked with a corn farmer to understand how the finances work, made high-fructose corn syrup in their kitchen, and even met with the elderly Earl Butz.

I saw it on a DVD from our library, but the full film appears to be available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWv29KRsQXU

• RustBeltCowgirl

Thanks, everybody, for your comments. I will continue to post the latest PDF issues of the magazine when they are available, if people are interested.

• RustBeltCowgirl

PDF download link for the March 2021 issue