Bee poison. How do you extract and use it?

jowitt.europe
jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

Yesterday I watched a short interview with a scientist from Australia who is experimenting with bee poison. She said that aggressive breast cancer cells were killed in 60 minutes. That needs more research, etc.,

I am interested in all kinds of usages of bee poison. I have heard that bee poison tincture helps to sooth pains in joints and muscles, inflamed nerves... I have heard that one can make a tincture by simply putting and keeping dead bees in alcohol and using the liquid for rubbing the affected areas....

does anyone experiment with bee poison. I am new in bee keeping, but I have already experienced the wonderful soothing qualities on raw honey on wounds, inflammations... Honey is a real treasure for health!

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@jolanta.wittib I wrongly remembered this story as having bees until I looked it up. It is actually bullet ants. They are stung many times by 120 or so ants with a stung 30× worse than a bee.

I watched a documentary, twice, actually, where this tribe had a stinging glove. The boys go to collect these ants, first of all. Once collected, these ants are placed stinger side down into a glove. Then leaders put the glove(s) on the young boys' hands. Sometimes these boys pass out, or become (temporarily) paralyzed.

This is done more than once in the young boys' world. There is screaming & crying as it is extremely excruciating. Meanwhile, loud singing and dancing are happening. It is a ritual that is part of their culture & is part of making these boys tough men.

It is more than that, however...they do not get sick and it makes them tolerant of being stung by these really awful ants. The tribe members know this and so continue the practice.

It was a very hard thing to watch. As a parent of one of those boys, it would be torture as well. The whole process of stinging & recovery time takes a few days.

Anyway, that is a story of another poison having positive effects. I wonder if tincturing that would do anything.

I am looking forward to hearing more about the bee tincture (and of anyone's experience as well), which obviously would be more accessible and easier to handle in the first place. Does it have to be a specific type of bee that is used for this tincture?

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@jolanta.wittib I saw a program several years ago about using bee venom to assist with severe arthritic pain. However, it took the venom of 100 bees to do that for one treatment. So 100 bees had to die.

One of the polycrests of homeopathic remedies is Apis, which is made from bee venom. But only 1 bee had to die to make many, many doses. Apis treats arthritic & rheumatic pains, swollen, inflamed joints and a variety of symptoms associated with allergic reactions including hives, rashes, swelling & watering of the eyes,, swelling of the mouth & tongue and a number of other symptoms. I have used it a number of times as have most of the homeopaths that I know.

I just checked my homeopathic repertory and materia medica for Apis and it is one of the top remedies listed for breast cancer.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

So then, this brings up the question...how many bees are needed for an effective tincture?

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@torey I am not too much worried about using bees, because I would use dead bees. They die in big quantities in autumn as only the winter bees survive during winter. One can collect quite a lot on a terrace or balcony as they freeze when the sun disappears. The venom is still in the bee, so one could use it.

@LaurieLovesLearning thank you for the story. It is not a very pleasant one. Most definitely one could get immune in not that drastic way. I have heard other stories where one had to go naked into stinging nettles for rheumatism, or crawl under blackberry thorny bushes for curing skin diseases. Or icy water... The medical history is full of. Or that pleasant stories 🙃

• NarjissMomOf3
    NarjissMomOf3 Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

This is very interesting. I have heard about bee therapy. Just haven't got the time to investigate it.

My brother in law has bees and he lets them sting him.