I'm hosting a LIVE webinar: What’s Coming In 2021 And How To Prepare for It

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited November 2020 in Other News

Hey hey!

Pandemic, food shortage, financial crisis? No problem.

I'm hosting a webinar, Sunday, November 15th at 2pm CST.

In this webinar, I’ll show you what’s going to happen in 2021 and how to prepare for it...

✳✳Live Q&A at the end of the webinar + RESOURCES✳✳

Have you started preparing? 

What do you recommend others do to prepare? Comment below

Comments

• I'm looking forward to it; you present things in a real world way that many others do not. Thank you for that!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get a security warning when I try to go to the website to sign up. Does anyone else have this issue?

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I get a similar warning.

• Marjory Wildcraft

@Jimerson can you figure out why these warnings are happening? Is it one of those https vs http things? Can you fix please?

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft All fixed!

HTTPS was used in the URL. I've edited the URL to remove that. SSL certificates cannot be installed on a simple redirect, so the browser will issue warning when trying to send someone to an HTTPS URL with no valid SSL certificate.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Thanks, @Jimerson! It is working very nicely. I've signed up.

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft looking forward to this!

• lewis.mary.e
    lewis.mary.e Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Very much looking forward to this, Marjory!

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

This should be really helpful; I am urging friends to sign up too.

I and some of my friends are stocking our pantries, expanding our gardens and working on our gardening skills, paying down debt and building up emergency funds, learning herbal medicine and other skills that support self-reliance. But I worry about more of my friends who are dealing with the situation around us mainly by denying it--by just choosing not to know what's going on, or insisting it really isn't all that serious and things will soon be back to "normal."

I look forward to your ideas about the coming year and any advice on how to prepare beyond what I am already doing. I also wonder if there is any way to convince those in denial that they need to be preparing too.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft thank you for all you do, taking your time, sharing your knowledge with so many, and giving us a space to share and communicate ideas and critical information. I am looking extremely forward to this...

@MaryRowe unfortunately those choosing not to know what’s going on are making their choice. The best we can do is encourage as much as they will stand and then keep them in our thoughts and prayers...

• Marjory Wildcraft

thank you @maimover I have been spending many days thinking about how to present what I see. I especially want to be careful not to add any more inflammation to an already hot world. And as you know, I am not politcial - hah! I've transcended politics! LOL What is going on is truely awesome in many ways when you step back from all the rhetoric.

But regardless it will be a very difficult year, and beyond. It's good to have a sense of the bigger forces and how they move so you can navigate through the chaos. We were all built for this though, Yes?

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft it will be kind, generous folks like you that will help so many. The way you present things (at least what I’ve seen) has a calming manner. You don’t just alarm people and say “oh well, good luck, you’re on you’re own “; you give straight forward information, strategies, and resources and references so average folks can prepare but not be panic stricken.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

I signed up but can't make it live so hope a recording is sent out afterwards. Thank you!

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @stephanie447 yes, I'll be working with the team to get a replay out there.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

I much appreciate this. See you all in just a few minutes..

Thank you Marjory!!!

• Texas Gal
    Texas Gal Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Loved the webinar. Thanks, Marjory.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited November 2020

Well, my! That was a busy chat.

@Texas Gal, welcome here! Please be sure to check out our rules area & introduction area. Then get ready to learn a lot with us!

Here is a link to the categories for your convenience:

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been very frustrating for me. Constant buffering, even on the replay. Will try to watch again later in the week.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Marjory. It was very informative and lots of good communication in the chat..Take care of yourself and save us a place on your place when we have to run from here lol...gotta laugh and not give up..

• judie.westbrook
    judie.westbrook Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed the forum! With all this information, is real estate a good investment?

• LaurieLovesLearning

Welcome, @judie.westbrook! I am afraid that I don't have answers for you on that subject. Maybe someone here will.

Being new to the forum, I would like to encourage you to review our forum Rules and leave an Introduction. Both of these can be found in the first two categories of our forum. After that, please dig in and see what our community has to offer.

Here is a link to our categories for your convenience.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @judie.westbrook Real estate will be especailly good if it has fertile soils and good water. I.e. productive. So many decades we've been consumers and not producers. In the small town of Red Rock, TX the price of land in the 1800's was dictated by what it could produce - not the size of the house it had on it. The land my (former) husband Dave and I homesteaded wasn't even considered good enough to run cattle or pigs on. It was considered essentially worthless.

Also, houses or land in areas that are good "bug out" locations. Small towns, kind of off the beaten path, with high speed internet, and strong communities. New remote workers that are high paid are looking to get out of the cities. Lots of mountain towns in Colorado, The Ozarks, NE Arizona, Idaho... uh, check out that ebook I wrote on "7 Shortcuts to Finding the Perfect Survival Retreat" for more listings of good bug out place.

During the Great Depression, rentals did well. Right now we have the unbelievable intereference of Gov't putting moratoriums on rent - astonishing! - so it's more risky now. But smaller houses or a small 4-plex, that is located in good market near public transport, should be good. Austin, TX and the surrounds is a good market. Thats partly because there are still lots of jobs in that region and it's also because the lockdowns in Texas weren't as severe as other States - business kept moving along and wasn't hurt as much. Funny note: I couldn't believe how many blue State friends of mine are thinking of moving to a Red State.

Recently I looked it up, and half of all rental units are owned by small investors. People like you and I who are trying to prepare for retirement by buying an extra house or two and renting it out. So the slaughter of small business this year has been very apparent from the small shop keepers, restaurants, and other small businesses, and the wave of foreclsures coming will have a lot of these small landlords.

• Cindy Pellusch
    Cindy Pellusch Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed the webinar Marjory! I'm having trouble signing up on the coinbase.com sight. It might be a setting on my laptop just thought I would see if anyone else encountered the same thing. I'll keep trying.

Cindy Pellusch

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hey @Cindy Pellusch so good to hear from you! Hmm, I'll check the link again... and super curious is anyone else has a problem. I think it's amazing they will pay you to learn about crypto. This is a once in a lifetime thing, LOL.

• RustBeltCowgirl

@Marjory Wildcraft Marjory, got any insight for those of us entering that 5 year window between early SS retirement age and full SS retirement age?

Especially, since I want to relocate.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Okay, my patience and frustration level are about shot. I couldn't watch live because I got nothing but buffering, Couldn't watch the immediate replay for the same reason. Now, I click on the button to watch the replay and I get this.

Either my mouse or my monitor just might hit the far wall at a high rate of speed. Register where???!!!!!

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

I had buffering issues also, but we have a relatively slow speed internet (6Mbs).

@Marjory Wildcraft ; thanks for the info, we have been doing many of those things already, but it always helps when others notice things going awry also. Makes you feel better!

• Marjory Wildcraft

@Jimerson can you help out @RustBeltCowgirl please? I think she is about to go ballistic and we don't need that right now.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Thanks @Marjory Wildcraft It's been a miserable week and it's only Tuesday. Anyway, Foxfire doesn't work, tried Microsoft Edge. no luck with that. Got in for the replay, but still same situation. Buffering, freeze up and maybe 10 words. Will try Chrome tomorrow. And maybe, see if I can get anything during lunch on the company network.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@RustBeltCowgirl Oh how I understand! Every little thing seems to interfere, but it is never anything we can figure out. Trees, being in the boonies, weather, ???...This time I had some buffering, but not like some days!

I hope Jimerson can get it all sorted out for you!