Protecting my lungs against the cold: my experience

Suburban Pioneer
Suburban Pioneer Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in COVID-19/Coronavirus

Note from Admin & disclaimer: This is not a cure for covid, nor a proven defense against covid (as the OP has clearly stated). However, it is always prudent to strengthen your body through natural means. If you choose to follow this regimen, it is done at your own risk.

COVID has become "all the rage" around here, so I decided to fight back by expanding the supplements that my husband and I take for our general health. To our regular daily dose of antioxidants and NAC I added vitamin D, Oreganol brand oregano oil supplement, and low dose zinc. The D, oregano and zinc all have some research suggesting that they help fight COVID. I can't make any medical claims, of course, but what I've noticed during the past three weeks is that I no longer have the lung, throat and sinus issues that I used to have during the change of seasons and winter, particularly when the weather is chilly and overcast and damp (like it's been on and off for the past month). I can go outside and work in the cold with my head exposed, and I don't come down with a cold any more. I no longer wake up with a sore throat and stuffy sinuses because my bedroom is cool at night. The days of higher humidity no longer give me raspy lungs. In fact, I think my lungs have never felt better! Coincidence? Well, I have NO medical proof of anything, but my body is NOT acting 'normally' any longer. My lungs are my weakest body system, and although I've never had any type of actual lung disease, they have NEVER liked damp and chill. Now, I feel as though if someone with X-ray vision were to look inside of me, they would see two pink, healthy and robust organs, even in the cold! There's no proof that what I'm experiencing could help if I were exposed to COVID, but "inner sense' tells me that I would be less likely to have a serious problem now. Just throwing this out there for anyone else who, like me, has "weakish" lung energy and a respiratory system that gets bothered by the cold and damp, and wants to try some natural help. This combo of supplements is working wonders for me. Maybe it could do the same for some one else?

Comments

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

We added D3 and zinc several months ago as well. I've read a lot of positive things about both as well.

• Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

We added Zinc and Vit D to our daily supplements and increased C to 1000mg 3 times daily. At the slightest sign of sore throat or respiratory issues, we now take a dose of Emergen C

So far so good.

• Suburban Pioneer
    Suburban Pioneer Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

I like Emergen C, too. So far, no need for it this year, though. I still keep it handy just in case, though. I've taken my fermented honey with elderberries a couple of times when I felt some possible roughness coming on, and any oncoming problems were stopped. Wish I'd found out about all of this years ago, but, better late than never.