Vaccines & ethics

I don't like manipulation. Repeatedly personally and also historically, I have observed the medical system behave in this way. It always comes with a certain measure of fearmongering, and if needed to accomplish something in their favor, lies, & of course, resulting confusion. What is happening now is just on a much larger scale, but so very consistent with the system's behavior.

I found the following two quotes from the above article interesting. They are made by the same person:

"Public trust is the most important resource we have as a society, and that public trust is not generated by fancy, slick PR, but by trustworthiness." (Italics mine)

Then they went on to support manipulation ("fancy, slick PR")...

"They have a right not to be vaccinated, but I don’t think you can have a society that cannot move forward because of their rights," he said. "I think they’ll probably have to live with the limitations of whatever is coming."

This does not earn trustworthiness. It will only breed more distrust. As I said eariler...it is very consistent.

Comments

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Everything I say is a lie. I am lying," Star Trek

• They don't even make sense half the time. The other half of time is spent contradicting what they said two minutes ago.

• NarjissMomOf3
    NarjissMomOf3 Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Yes. They have to be confusing. So that people will think that it is too complicated for them to understand and just follow the recommendations from the "experts".

@LaurieLovesLearning I totally agree.

• Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I ain't the smartest man in the world, but I've come to learn that through experiences, that the governments don't care about me and are willing to lie to shut me up. I just want to be left alone, grow my food, raise my chickens, shoot my guns, cut and replant my trees, and worship my Lord... and pursue happiness...

Edit: language...trying to keep it family friendly.

• DurwardPless
    DurwardPless Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@Slippy They don't seem to want to leave you alone. There is a push to force vaccination.

• soeasytocraft
    soeasytocraft Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

One thing about lying is lies are hard to keep track of. Seems the lies they are feeding are causing a whole bunch of confusing contradictions. How in the world is that earning our trust?

You don’t have to get the vaccine but if you don’t your rights are in jeopardy. That kinda makes it mandatory to my way of thinking. The future is looking grim making it hard for us to have a happy stable mental attitude. So let’s just hide our head in the sand and put trust where it shouldn’t be and go merrily on our way. No matter if we took the vaccine or not we will look back in awe and wonder what happened to living a life of freedom without fear

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

When you have to depend on slick PR instead of simple facts that speaks volumes in my opinion.

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

There's no real need to listen to those who want to maim and kill us and our children. We have a brain, we have a spirit. They don't own us.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

The vaccines out there right now might not even work since the new covid strains they are shutting down travel over are targeting other spike proteins!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@stephanie447 That's interesting. I read the news only on occasion now and don't watch tv nor listen to the radio. Social media has gone by the wayside too. So, I do miss some things.

Do you have a link?