Flashcards for every subject & much more

I accidentally found this site. It looks like it could have some fun things to offer. Of course, I had to give the link to the flashcards section. 🤣

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I think flash cards are a great way to learn. Not just for kids, either. My daughter used them when was going to college. She couldn't find any that were for her speciality but she made her own.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey I remember doing that for chemistry and other subjects too. It sure does help. @LaurieLovesLearning thank you for the link to flash cards. My Dr.thinks I need to learn a new language. I can think of other things I want to learn but I was taught some Spanish in sixth grade so that might be interesting. I was working at Target one day during the 1990's at Target in Southern California and these Hispanic people were speaking Spanish in front of me. I burst out laughing and they asked if I understood Spanish and I said, "yes" a little and they moved away from me very fast. I thought that was really funny! I have no idea what they said.

• jenbrown
    jenbrown Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

I recently signed up for Quizlet, I think it was pretty cheap. I'm trying to learn trees, and there are multiple "sets" of flashcards that folks have uploaded that you can "study".

• Wendy
    Wendy Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

I'd love a flashcard set of herbs with scientific names, basic elements and identification.

My daughter is an artist, maybe I can get her to make a set...

• Brindy
    Brindy Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Thank you! This is an awesome resource.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Flash cards are awesome. One of my daughters, who has worked in 7 languages, uses them to learn vocabulary, and our kids have used them a lot for memory-intense subjects like biology, languages, and food science. Making their own helps them learn.

For homeschool we have used quizlet, too, @jenbrown. It's a wonderful resource! And welcome to the forums! It's wonderful here. :)

• Melissa Burford
    Melissa Burford Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link. I love flashcards and use them for myself and when I used to teach junior high and high school.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently Learning Herbs has some basic flashcards to go with one of their games.

Thomas Elpel who wrote Botany in a Day has made some for the top 8 plant families. http://www.hopspress.com/Books/Shanleya's_Quest.htm#CardGame