Health Care Worker has Reaction to Vaccine

Comments

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Oh dear!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Annie Kate There were articles out to this effect during the short run pfizer trials. It was reported, and Pfizer admitted that one of their young trial volunteers died and a lot of them had serious side effects but it was most likely more than one that died. Also, about 2 ish days after reporting this pfizer declared it's vax was 90% effective...? ? I can't remember the exact timing but all this happened in a very short time frame and keep in mind the standard time frame for trials to run and be considered safe with efficacy (still a sick joke), is 3 to 6 years....

The second one coming within weeks after the first one is reported to be much worse so research it for your self for your safety.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@silvertipgrizz The story here is that in the name of efficiency that they were able to speed things up by cutting back on paperwork & red tape.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

I would be very concerned about getting these vaccines if I had a history of anaphylaxis. Some may not have much of a choice, however, for example, health care workers. It might be worthwhile to take an antihistamine and some anti-inflammatories (like turmeric) prior to getting the vaccine if it is a must - bringing an epi-pin and making sure the shot is done at a health care facility that can handle a severe reaction.

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

Allergic reactions to PEG (polyethylene glycol) which is in the vaccine are said cause the severe reactions. The vaccine is not tested on pregnant women (and untested means unethical to use). It is also suspected to cause sterility.

The current mRNA vaccine is not effective against the new UK strain which spreads faster than the old strain. If the new strain is less harmful than the old strain that may build herd immunity against the old strain with the new strain.

• LaurieLovesLearning

I hadn't heard that reason for reactions @flowerpower *. I think with in this article or a related link, it claimed that nanoparticles may be to blame. I know there were concerns about the metal in the vaccines causing allergic reactions. So maybe there are a number of factors for allergic reactions? It would not be surprising.

I have been hearing that one of the vaccines will be effective against the variants. Mind you, that particular bold claim that it is effective essentially against any new variations seems pompus & suspicious to me as it has not yet been tested...and are these tests that are reportedly going to be happening shortly (stated in the article) enough to prove this idea without a doubt? Are they biased, or truly trustworthy? Who is the unbiased, unpaid, uninfluenced, third party check? There is nobody unbiased in this fight anymore. You would have to be from another planet with no news from here.

As far as sterility, there are suspicions and denials, but of course if it hasn't been tested (as stated above...not allowed) nor given a long period of time in which to observe (remember that getting anything out into the public realm is admittedly the truly big petri dish), how can the vaccine companies claim that it doesn't cause it? Assumptions & unfounded declarations aren't facts. Being loud or repeating them over & over until they are generally accepted as fact does not make them facts. But, governments & those in authority have done this to citizens repeatedly & successfully throughout history, using whatever popular method of spreading their ideas that is available. It isn't new.

The caution as well was for future sterility as it could affect placenta implantation, so essentially, abortion, as the life (or whatever you choose to name it) already began. Let's not forget that many people still feel that the world is greatly overpopulated even as they complain that we are losing too many of our population to death right now. Sigh. Supposedly, they want less people...but yet they don't... They are just not consistent. This all tells me to proceed with great caution. Fertility is not something to mess with.

I just read yet again today that immunity doesn't last long, yet, just within the past week, a study proved the opposite (up to 6 months or more)...and "that it bodes well for vaccines"...convenient. These were both "scientific" studies done by official places. I personally think that the results bode well for natural immunity...but whatever.

There are many questions yet not answered about this virus, variations, & the vaccines. They may never be answered. There are many claims on both sides that don't have a clear and proven basis for those claims, for various reasons. Of course, confusion is rampant because of that as well.

We also need to remember that there has been hype, panic, insane amounts of money by many governments worldwide thrown at this, partiality, greed, prestige/fame, the desire to control, a history of dishonesty, misinformation (on purpose or inadvertent), and more. Some of these factors are on both sides, which is very unfortunate.

Considering, we need to be careful about the claims that we believe. As for myself, I am being cautious about stating anything as fact, but have continued to carefully observe the circus and ask questions of both sides and everything in between. It gets very tiring. Time will expose the truth about some of these claims (again...on either side). Sadly, others may never be proven one way or the other.

It is a tough place that we have been forced to be a part of (no matter what the true cause...we are in it), going in unending circles. It is just frustrating.

I am glad that we are a community that asks questions and seeks to find solid answers. That is not a bad thing as some might tell us.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning thank you for your insight and knowledge.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I think this vaccine is extremely dangerous. Even ones that took years to develope have the potential for very serious side effects. To jump on one that was developed in under a year in my opinion can't be safe.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @LaurieLovesLearning . That is a thorough and careful analysis. I feel very sad that it is health care workers, the very ones who are bearing the brunt of all this, who will be asked to take the vaccine and thus, in effect, become guinea pigs.

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@LaurieLovesLearning In many ways I have an insider scoop into the workings of the world because I have had harm or witnessed harm from its corruption for a very long time. Additionally I have pursued wisdom. To suddenly get "red pilled" in 2020 is a brutal and improbable event. (People tend to go into a flight, fight or freeze reaction from the information and that tends to be denial.) I have seen a nice graphic of lies built into bigger versions of the word lies and that sums up the state of it all. Morality, virtue, kindness, knowledge and wisdom, rather than following experts is now key to understanding. Do you believe that people just follow blindly?

Dear reader, please skip this paragraph if you just want to have a happy day. The visibility of everything I type here means that I speak briefly. If this site were to be too political it could be attacked and the main objective here is to discuss gardening and preparedness. Websites are being taken down or denied hosting. Big Tech platforms are censoring content. People are being harmed and killed due to their beliefs or healing practices. I felt I had to say something about the vaccine though.

This last year I began to read studies on sars-cov-2 and also to study nanotechnology. I do not necessarily state the studies but since you mentioned that you have not heard that PEG in the vaccine causes severe allergies responses, here's some sources:

https://www.livescience.com/allergies-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine.html

QUOTE: "Public health officials are investigating the cause of several severe allergic reactions that were reported among hundreds of thousands of people vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine last week. 

As of Friday (Dec. 18), six people who received the jab in the U.S. developed anaphylaxis, or a severe allergic reaction that can be life-threatening if left untreated, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). One of those patients had previously developed anaphylaxis after receiving a rabies vaccination, but it's not clear if the other participants also had a prior history of severe allergies. 

The previous week, two people in the U.K., both with a history of severe allergies, developed anaphylaxis-like symptoms after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, prompting the country's regulatory agency to advise people who have previously had "significant" allergic reactions to vaccines, medicines or food to avoid the vaccine, Live Science previously reported. In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is recommending that only people who have previously had a severe allergic reaction to other vaccines or to any of the ingredients listed in Pfizer's vaccine avoid the shot. "

What is in the shot was hard to find. I used a trick of searching sites from outside with a quality search engine (DuckDuckgo.com will do).

QUOTE: "WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids ( SM-102, polyethylene gly col [ P EG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSP C]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose." https://www.fda.gov/media/144638/download

The Moderna 22 page report for health care providers does not seem to have a list of ingredients in it. https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/eua-fact-sheet-providers.pdf

There are other companies to research too. (Moderna, PZifer, Astrasenica etc.)

Anyway for now, I want to point out that the above list contains polyethylene glycol (PEG). Also this is not being eaten, but being injected, which is worse from the point of allergic reactions.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-19-vaccines-ingredients-lists-5093385 has some info, and ends with quotes saying extreme allergic reactions to the vaccines are very rare. (Again people have to use character & wisdom to seek the truth and wellbeing.)

QUOTE: “The RNA is packaged in a similar manner in both vaccines, which requires the use of polyethylene glycol, the chemical suspected to induce allergic reactions in a few patients who had an allergic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine,” Sanjeev Jain, MD, PhD, board-certified allergist and immunologist at Columbia Allergy based on the West Coast, tells Verywell. 

5 Experts Explain mRNA Vaccines for Non-Science People

While research determined polyethylene glycol—a polymer or substance containing very large molecules—is safe for use, sensitivity is possible and can cause reactions.2

Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine contains:3

• A nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2
    • Lipids, or fatty substances, including: (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N, N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-distearoyl-snglycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol
    • Potassium chloride
    • Monobasic potassium phosphate
    • Sodium chloride (salt)
    • Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate 
    • Sucrose (sugar)

The Moderna vaccine contains similar ingredients such as:4

• Messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA)
    • Lipids, or fatty substances, including: SM(sphyngomyelin)-102, Polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC], and cholesterol
    • Tromethamine
    • Tromethamine hydrochloride
    • Acetic acid
    • Sodium acetate
    • Sucrose (sugar)

“The vaccine primarily contains salts and stabilizers in the forms of sugars and lipids, which don’t cause allergic reactions,” Jain says.  

Both vaccines are similar when it comes to ingredients. “The primary difference between the two is that the packaging of the RNA in the Moderna vaccine allows for storage in a regular freezer, compared to ultra-cold freezers required for the storage of the Pfizer vaccine,” Jain says. "

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited December 2020

@flowerpower * Thank you. I just had not heard of that yet, so my first part of the comment. I wasn't saying it wasn't true or not. I just hadn't heard.

To be clear, I was not posting in opposition to you, rather, I thought I was supporting...however along with the questions that still linger for me as I consider both sides of the spectrum. Opposing you wasn't even a thought in my head. I am sorry if it may have come across in this way and I want to apologize for that. I do appreciate your presence here, and your posts.

In response to your one particular question, I believe that many people certainly do follow blindly...on both sides. I personally know people in my life doing so on both sides. Not everyone is following without questioning, however, as the system is discovering more distinctly, and having issues with knowing how to deal with it. And that is also why TGN exists, to explore independent thinking & practical, beneficial action. I used to be one that followed the system blindly. Nobody told me differently and I didn't know any better nor have resources nor experience to show me otherwise. That was a long time and many very bad experiences ago, some of which I hold proof on paper.

I do believe that the medical system believes it is god almighty, as it acts in such a way, something to be admired and worshipped at every turn and demanding it if it is not heeded, as we are seeing. This is history repeating itself.

I have advocated for many years now for people to question & explore options. This should explain which way I lean and that the dangers of not questioning are not lost on me.

Of course, I do hold to some set viewpoints of why and how in some of the particulars, but some are still being formed for me, thus, I keep asking questions. I do realize that not everyone will agree either, as everyone is different.

Some of these are reasons that I started looking into home medicine, which this site is also about...making your own medicine. I do believe everyone should have the right to grow their own food.

I also agree that the virtues that you stated are very important. They are sadly lacking and have been disappearing at alarming rates since this began. That is personally one of my greatest disappointments and is one that should be of great concern to everyone. Sadly, some think it isn't important.

Again, I am sorry if I sounded oppositional. It is often hard to express oneself clearly online and be understood in the way it is meant.

• LaurieLovesLearning

On a slightly different note, and in general, sometimes I wonder if these types of discussions should be on here or not because so much can be misunderstood on an online setting and it can go awry quickly...and it is very political, which tends to get emotional, which always causes unneeded strife for all. There is no denying that!

But, this is an important subject (medical and yet super political, which we want to avoid for good reason on TGN), strangely affecting all of us right now, at the top of all our minds, affecting our lives in intense ways. It needs to be explored and calmly discussed (not debated nor emotionally fought over), and each person needs to come to an informed decision. As was stated, more & more the freedom to discuss things is being squashed...but we need to understand & remember that all of these sources, on either side, can hold false & potentially dangerous information. I believe it is more important now than ever to keep discussion going, but to remain cautious. Honestly, I trust neither side at this point. Haha...that's what I tell the surveys too. I trust no source in this matter. The surveys (admittedly put out by the medical system & govt.) want to know specifically what I trust for information and how much on a sliding scale. I consider it all and question everything, so everyone gets a 0 on their lists. I am sure that seems baffling.

I will also say again, that being a moderator, especially a head one, isn't easy at the best of times. Ideally, a mod should be impartial & not hold opinions, that is, choose no side. It is extremely difficult to be such in an atmosphere like we find ourselves in today with being forced to choose between two distinct sides.

I am not saying that neither side doesn't question the other either, but the middle that questions both still exists and needs to be acknowledged, and both sides tend to forget that, demanding one way or the other. Unfortunately, in the end, not everyone is going to be happy. It is a fact that if either "political" side gets free reign, unfortunately hate for others will rule. That is blatantly obvious in a previously more respected local forum in my province that chose a distinct side and no longer accepts honest questioning. It is more cruel there than ever. It is frightening & sad. It can be seen in governments as well. The sandbox is alive and (not) well.

Friendships are damaged or lost over this division. That is not right and should be guarded against.

When I was first approached to set up a mod system here, I never dreamed that such an honor would prove so very difficult...but none of us expected what was to come. If only it hadn't. It would be so much easier! :(

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @LaurieLovesLearning , @flowerpower * and anyone else who has information about CoVid vaccinations. My news sources don't give much information about it but "get it." I'm also so tired of hearing about the election and CoVid that I try not to tune into any of it. I find TGN articles on worm composting, natural dyeing and what to grow next year much more worthy of my time. I also trust your articles and opinions more than my hometown news outlets as I am in the Washington DC swamp area.