I got my Richters catalogue today!

Like I don't have enough reading to do. 🤣 This one, I kind of read like a book. It is always interesting & I always learn something new.

Comments

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

That looks so fun!!! I love seed catalogs!

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I got mine, too. West Coast Seeds arrived last week. I've spent waaaay to much time going over them already. :) I need to make up my mind what we are going to go with this year and get the order done.

I agree @LaurieLovesLearning. Richters catalogue is a great reference.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else spend the money on the giant Whole Seed Catalog from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds? I can get lost in their normal-size free catalog for hours and hours, but the full length one--oh my! Seeds. Gorgeous photos. Articles. Recipes. 497 pages of them! Not sure I can handle all the gorgeousness....

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Got an email from Strictly Medicinal and Seed Savers today about their new catalogues... drooling!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

Yeah...so I see a shortage of paper towel coming...😬🤣

• MaryRowe

Nah, we're too eco-minded for paper towels! It's dish cloths made from old bed sheets.....🤤

• LaurieLovesLearning

@MaryRowe Whoop! Whoop! So there will be no shortages...unless my daughter makes too many dresses...😖

Although, I guess we could use those to wipe up drool too. 😁

• MaryRowe

Yeah...and probably all the quilts and coverlets too...I'm not even halfway through the Whole Seed Catalog, with all the others yet to go, and I'm already embarrassing the kittens....😋🙀

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got my little stack of seed catalogs growing in a pile beside my bed. I'll be having dreams of icicle radishes, dwarf nasturtiums and sugar snap peas dancing in my head for weeks to come now.😁

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

Oh I had some tempting catalogs in the mail last week.

Very tempting to buy more but I have plenty seeds for this year.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

My bank account is lucky so far. I have only received two catalogs but I know there are more to come. I love the catalogs that have recipes and gardening tips.

I have a large selection of seeds but thre is always that one seed that look interesting and if you oredered one well, you should order a few more, right?

• Brindy
    Brindy Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Do they have organic heirloom seeds?

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited January 2021

Richters.com has both. The heritage isn't necessarily stated as a symbol. It would be stated in the write ups. I think it also helps if you are already familiar with some heirloom varieties.

Their huge claim to fame is their unique and huge selection of rare & common herb seeds, dried herbs & plant starts. The website has so much more information than the catalogue, and it's no slouch.

Damseeds.ca (William Dam Seeds) sells both and don't treat their seeds. It is my other favorite catalogue.

• Brindy
    Brindy Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning, thank you. I'm excited to get more seeds. I think I'm an addict.