Rural life - Boring?
When I had my one career I lived in cities. I walked away from that one job and returned to the country.
My work related friends would ask, "How can you live in the country - its boring." Boring? If I told half the stories of what happened around here they would lock up.
My one rooster one spring went from nice to total nasty. He broke the screen door off a smaller chicken pen and held the homestead hostage for 4 days. He would not attack me with this claws but would run into me and knock me on the ground. He was quite big. He could out run me too.
My one friend told me to get it drunk then I could catch it. Two thimble fulls worked and I caught him. But he still had a nasty attitude. I was thinking of chicken stew when my Amish friends came to fish in our back yard. They fished for a few hours but did not have the luck they wanted, so I told Andy if he could get that rooster out of the pen he could have it. You have heard the wild fish stories people tell, well this man went out to fish and came home with a massive chicken
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 467 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 539 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 401 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 110 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter