Sources for calcium besides milk

RustBeltCowgirl
RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

I knew they had tons of calcium, but they have so much more than that! Vitamin B components, Vit C, antioxidants, fiber, etc.....

I love the dark green leafy veggies, they are quite versatile; salads, smoothies, wraps.....

Thank you for the link.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

That's a pretty good list. They have left off one common weed that is super high in calcium and I'm sure it must be in everyone's garden. Pigweed, aka Lamb's Quarters aka Goosefoot aka Fat Hen. Also very high in Vitamin A and other important vitamins and minerals.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. And plant calcium is much easier to digest, especially in the case of lactose intolerance.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tave Lactose intolerance is what was on my mind when I posted it. Unfortunately did't put that in the original post.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was part of the reason I planted Kale, Swiss Chard and Spinach in the garden last year.

• Wendy
    Wendy Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

I love getting my calcium from plants! I have parsley in a sunny window during the cold winter months!

I am not lactose intolerant, I am just not a baby cow.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Radish greens? Really? Wow! I'm going to have to grow some.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great list of plants!~

I have grown the broccoli rabbe before and its a great plant and veggie

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

You can never have to many sources of vitamins and minerals (especially during a pandemic).

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@RustBeltCowgirl a very good article. I have seen on the list quite. Few that I did not know