33 Awesome Adventures in High Performance Gardening Videos

Hi everyone! Lynn Gylepsie and I joined forces a while back in Paonia, CO (grow zone 6a). We created 33 awesome videos on how to maximize yield, minimize weeds, and prevent pest invasions. Now my garden just grows itself! Lol

In this series, we literally collected a jar worth of weeds for the entire season.

If you haven’t already, check out the posts and videos here➥

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 33 - Total Garden Saving$

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 32 - Green Tomatoes

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 31 - The Grand Giant Zucchini

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 30 - Freeze Date Gambler

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 29 - Winnowing Cilantro Seeds

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 28 - Covering the Garden

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 27 - Squash the Squash Bugs

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 26 - Who are the worst PESTS!?

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 25 - Blockbuster Carrots!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 24 - Kitten Reunion

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 23 - Garden Harvest Results

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 22 - Traveling with Food Reality Check

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 21 - Feeding the Heavy Feeders

Adventures In High Performance Gardening 20 - You Ask, We Answer

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 19 - Pests & Squash Tips!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 18 - BIG Garden Harvest

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 17 - Go Vertical!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 16 - Harvesting Our First Cabbage!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 15 - Implementing a Feeding Schedule

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 14 - Sharing Our Abundant Harvests!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 13 - Finally Planting Warm Weather Plants Outside :)

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 12 - Bugs in the Organic Garden & How to Stop Them!

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 11 - More on Garden Fashion (sort of )

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 10 - That Secret Gift Revealed! And planting Broccoli

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 9 - The First Harvest! and Weed Jar (really Lynn?)

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 8 - The Invisible Marjory and how to garden and travel

Adventures In High Performance Gardening 7 - Q & A, when should you plant? how much $ does it grow?

Adventures in high performance gardening 6 - is dehydrating lettuce really illegal?

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 5 - Wow, those kittens are so cute!

Adventures In High Performance Gardening 4 - outrageous gardening clothing and predators

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 3 - building the beds and preventing carrot wedggies

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 2 - I hate that red sweater! but love that huge tractor

Adventures in High Performance Gardening 1 (this is not about getting high - smirk)

Comments

• Silkiemamuska
    Silkiemamuska Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Thank you for all the content! This will take a bit of time to view and be very enjoyable.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the list! Watched the first episode and I'm hooked. The weather here is supposed to turn really nasty the next few days, so I see myself with a big pot of soup, homemade bread, hot cocoa and some great gardening videos. Life in winter doesn't get a whole lot better than that!☺️

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm excited about getting a chance to watch these. It will definitely take some time to get to all of them. Thank you for posting all the links.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great warm up for gardening right before I really kick in high gear. TY@Marjory Wildcraft

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

My biggest regret from making this series was we didn't ever get a horse in any episodes. Lynn kept insisting that hroses weren't necessary, and theoreticall I agree with her. But would a nice bay mare pranicng around have been fun?

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oooo, I can't wait to look at all of these. I've seen some of Lynn's videos before and have found them so very helpful.

Thank you @Marjory Wildcraft

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft Wow! Thank you so much!

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you really wanted a bay, i'd loan you Cigar. A big bay QH gelding to mug you by inspecting your pockets for carrots.

• Marjory Wildcraft

I also wanted a helicopter in the series too. But Lynn also pointed out that would completely destroy the garden. Such a buzz kill! Ha, ha, at least I got the golden boots in there. An awesome thrift shop special.

• Acequiamadre
    Acequiamadre Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Thanks for posting. So many great resources.

Have you ever considered using/filming all of these techniques outside, since so few folks have a hoop house?

Can't wait to check out the carrot videos!

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

Wow- thanks

• Marjory Wildcraft

@nicksamanda11 it was so fun to film together with Lynn. Enjoy!

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to check them all out. Last weekend would have been perfect with the -25 degree weather and high winds. Think building roofs torn off, semi tractors and trailers flipped as well as trucks pulling trailers, Wooden barn style sheds blowing across the road, pipes being exposed when roofs were damaged turning building into ice castles, trees down everywhere over 22,000 people without electricity, some for almost a week now. We are off grid so still had power and heat but no phone or internet unfortunately.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,574 admin

Wow. Well, I've got to say that beats us by far! Last night we had -35°C, so only slightly colder, with some windchill to take us down close to -49. We had no moisture coming down, but some ice crystals were hanging around this morning.

Our winds were certainly not that strong. 😳 That's an awesome ice castle.

I am so very glad that you had heat & power. It is good to be able to rely on yourself rather than the grid in these situations.

How are people without coping? That always scares me when people are not prepared for these types of things.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Oh @vickeym oh my! those photos....

@vickeym Those photos are insane! I'm relieved to hear you had heat and power.

Remind me of where you're located again? I forget.🤔

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@LaurieLovesLearning Many folks here have generators and other means of heat such as wood stoves or gravity fed oil stoves. There were also shelters opened by the red cross and others just close off portions of the home that they can and close off other portions with blankets, tarps, visqueen or whatever they have and pile blankets and such into one or two rooms. Things like that.

@JennyT Upstate South Carolina I live in a small village about an hour and half north of Anchorage, Alaska.

We made it up to 14 above zero today. Almost a heat wave. But they are predicting winds again this weekend just not quite as bad.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Cannot take that cold anymore. Lived in Rochester, New York and other places in New York as well as Pennsylvania and endured those cold temperatures. Decades later, I hate 20 degrees above 0, let alone -20 degrees. Right now I prefer zone 7b in Alabama. Am really looking forward to starting some plants soon for transplanting this spring. I boutght Lynn's program last year, but one should be prepared for the initial set-up, both in costs and work. Hope to make more progress this year.

@vickeym That's right! You're in Alaska, now I remember.🤦‍♀️