What's your view today?

Early this morning. It was a bit nippy. Back of property by our little creek. (yes, just about where the truck went swimming)

Whats you view today?

Comments

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Frost and ice can be so beautiful...I don't see anything here that would make such a pretty picture--my place is just a brown bog at the moment. The weather here suddenly turned as it's wont to do in the Midwest, with a wind from the south. The sun came out, finally! and temperatures jumped from the single digits to the 40'sF in a few hours. All the snow melted in just over 24 hours! Still, while a bare, ice-free gravel driveway may not be very photogenic, it is bee-youtiful to me right now!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@MaryRowe Its starting to melt here finally. I hope we have green grass by the weekend. I have a new fence to get in place.

Its funny how in a matter of a day or two there will be new signs of life and that brown you have will start to green up

I alwasy go out looking for those first small signs of life. It may only be a small nub sticking out of the ground but it lifts my spirits

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very beautiful, is So. Calif it is sunny and a bit breezy.

• MaryRowe

@Denise Grant I just ventured into town--first time in three weeks!--to pick up a package waiting at the post office. There is a bit more snow around yet than I thought, but it is mostly gone--that was over 8", on top of a thick layer of ice, that just disappeared in a matter of hours! Nature is a wonder. (Well, maybe not exactly disappeared--the allegedly "gravel" road into town is a muddy bog right now, requiring 4-wheel drive and a steady pace so as not to sink😬.)

But coming back up the front walk, I just saw a true wonder--despite the ice, snow and sub-zero temperatures these past weeks, my daffodils are coming up--sturdy, stubborn little green shoots 2" to 3" tall, right on their own schedule, never mind the weather! A small sign, but carrying the whole world of springtime within them!

• Monek Marie

@jodienancarrow How beautiful and relaxing!

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

My view was sunny and brown. As in mud brown. A week ago today we had an overnight low of -21F and a high of 1 or 2 degrees. Today I saw 66 degrees F as the daytime high temp. Can't recall the overnight low but it wasn't bad at all.

This afternoon, after a late lunch in town with hubby, we heard the first spring peepers trying out their voices! What an exciting sound after the past 2 weeks of horrible, frigid weather.

• And the willow a start to push out their bloom

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today we have sun! It has been overcast and gloomy for weeks. I'm glad to see it out again. It looks like the snow is even starting to melt in a few places.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

I love daffodils! Every year they come up in the same spots on our yard. This year they are buried under 18inches+ of snow still.

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

@Denise Grant Nice idea.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant I love your sweet goats they are so cute..wish I had some nubians and lamancha for the milk..

• Monek Marie
    edited March 2021

@silvertipgrizz The one on the right loves to break out and hang out with the chickens or act like an acrobat on top of the plank fencing.

I'll get the rest of the beasts photographed soon. They are part of my comedy relief

• MaryRowe

Spring is coming--I heard spring peepers today!

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Love all the gorgeous pictures! I was out walking in my son's neighborhood where there was 6 inches of icy/snowy stuff last week which has been replaced with grass. Peeping out of one man's yard were the most beautiful purple crocus. I had to pinch myself to keep from trying to grab saffron stigmas. Ouch! He was watching. I felt like a school kid waiting with excitement to try and see what was in the flowers. Wish I remembered to take pictures.

• Monek Marie

Beautiful

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today the rains have left and the sky is blue with big white fluffy clouds! I love it after it rains, even big cities look good after it rains and every things has a vibrant color!

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful pictures!

• lewis.mary.e
    lewis.mary.e Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

This was my view the other day. Hundreds of blackbirds outside. They were extremely loud!

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant too bad for the swimming truck. Here, it’s very windy with clear blue skies making it more cold. It’s 56F. Very sunny and it’s warm standing in the sunshine.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@Denise Grant Purple Crocuses . Solar light, and a spinning whirlygig ;)

• Monek Marie

My evening creek side walk

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭