New Addiction Discovered --- Tea

I was just organizing my pantry again and came to a disturbing realization: I am addicted to drinking tea.

There are at least a dozen caffeinated types such as Pur-Eh, black, Earl Grey, green, green blends, Yerba Mate, etc. (These are my lunch drinks.)

There are at least two dozen types of herbal teas of single and herbal blends. (These are my daylong drinks.)

I only have four different coffee blends available for my breakfast drinks.

I REALLY, REALLY need to stop these impulse buys. It is a good thing that my husband doesn't pay attention to such things.

I vow to not buy anymore until I have made a dent in the above.

I guess it could be worse? I could be addicted to soft drinks. I am getting all kinds of health benefits from such a great assortment of teas....

Comments

• nksunshine27
    nksunshine27 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

i'm the same way. i have noticed that the seasonal ones for some brands dont come back like i have one thats eggnog

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

I have quite a collection of teas too. I just don't seem to drink as much tea since I retired. It just seems that it was more convenient to have an afternoon cup of tea when I was at work. I just don't think about it that often here at home.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marjstratton I am retired too. I brew my tea and refrigerate it to drink iced.

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl You're right, it could be a lot worse! Of all the things to get addicted to, it's not a bad choice!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love my tea collection! My coffee is pretty basic - I've gone back to Folgers after trying many expensive ones.

My go to favorite is Republic of Tea's ginger peach black tea. Great hot or cold. But I have a basket full. As already noted, there are much worse things to spend money on. Tea and books are my big expenses.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

@Mary Linda Bittle, West Plains, Missouri Great to find another Republic of Tea citizen! Their ginger peach black is my favorite too! But they have so many intriguing varieties and they just keep coming up with cool new ones that it is too easy to become addicted to collecting teas. I like to mix my own herbal teas from the herbs I grow and forage, but I can never resist sampling from their latest catalog too.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been addicted to teas for something around 50 years. LOL Have never blended my own until very recently. I am just really getting started into that. And am looking forward to learning more about blending tea and finding flavors we like. I have never liked coffee, so whatever coffee is in our house is whatever my husband wants and he is not picky.

Years ago I had a favorite tea that was strawberries and cream. It was from a little store we used to have in the town where I grew up called Barnies Coffee and Tea company. After a few years they went into coffee only and I have never found this flavor combination from any other company since. And I do not remember if it was flowers, leaves, dried berries or what it was. I have a strawberry tea that is made from the leaves, not strawberry flavor at all.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

I probably have enough tea in my cupboard to last multiple years and have a hard time not buying more. It's hard when there are so many awesome ones to choose from. I also make my own blends from herbs and just this morning put together a blend for liver health and had to make room on the shelf to store it 😊

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl Welcome!!! It's a wonderful addiction!

My favorite is to infuse my tea overnight and wake up for a quart (or more) of herbal goodness! Then there is a wellness tea that apple juice is added to --- I could go on an on, but now I need to go have some tea!

• tilathehunn
    tilathehunn Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

And when people see you drinking tea...they give you tea collections for Christmas and birthdays! 😆

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes another thing besides seeds I am addicted too! I have all kinds, bagged, loose, and individual ingredients to make my own!