What is your "Wow, I’m really glad I know this home remedy” moment?

2»

Comments

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Pine pitch to stop bleeding.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blevinandwomba At the time I did a radical treatment: cayenne powder on the tongue and yes, cayenne powder at the opening of each nostril. It did make for an interesting experience. My husband shook his head and left the room. I'm sure he was wondering if he should have me committed.

Nowadays, I would put some cayenne tincture on my tongue.

BTW: I am still suffering through the cycle of symptoms although congestion of sinuses is no longer true. I just sneeze all the time instead. I have concluded that my allergies are in full attack against all the plants in the area, now at three years since I moved here.

I am not treating symptoms much as my immune system has also resisted the Covid virus so far.

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @shllnzl. I'm dealing with chronic sinus issues. I had a couple of days of sinus headaches, so I was looking for something to get them to drain. I mixed cayenne with warm water and swabbed it all around the inside of my nose. I felts a lot of tingling and some burning, but it wasn't too bad. Nothing much happened however, so I was wondering if I did it right, or needed to repeat this more often to see an affect.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

Many years ago when I was in culinary school, I sliced a small chuck off my finger tip. Wished I had known about cayenne pepper and its styptic properties back then. I was after all in a kitchen.

• lewis.mary.e
    lewis.mary.e Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Any time I have a migraine I am so thankful for my lemon, mint and lavender essential oils. It helps so much to smell it on my skin.

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

Garlic for yeast infections has saved quite a few girlfriends from yeast infections.

• SherryA
    SherryA Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Yarrow & Shepherd's Purse stop bleeding, too. https://thegrownetwork.com/herbs-that-stop-bleeding/

• flowerpower *
    flowerpower * Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

I had an ear ache after taking a bath. I eyed up the ear ache oils with herbs in them on sale for $20 or so. However a few drops of organic olive oil in my ear stopped the ache promptly. I did not have a physically injured ear, that may be important to know before placing oil in the ear.