Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Caring for Someone or a Pet who is not well — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

Caring for Someone or a Pet who is not well

monica197monica197 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to send a note of encouragement to all of those out there who are caring for someone or a pet who is not well.

It is tiring and often a good night's rest is interrupted.

I am sending you blessing and hugs. If it were possible I would wrap up strength and energy into this note too. Know you are not alone.

🧡

Comments

• Monek MarieMonek Marie Moderator Posts: 2,226 admin
    edited March 16

@monica197 It is very difficult and there are times the hours are long and exhausting. But, I would do it again.

I think the hardest part is often you do not have a social life. So many times I have been ready to head out ther door and a crisis pops up.

As for animals, I wish they could talk. It would be easier to help care for them and make the decisions you have to make.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

edited March 16

There are several people her who take care of someone or who will be. My best to all of you.

• RustBeltCowgirlRustBeltCowgirl North Coast OhioPosts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @monica197 I appreciate the encouragement. It is definitely not an easy life. My patience gets a little short because she in many ways did this to herself. There are times that I think she stays up at night to think up the next crisis.

@RustBeltCowgirl There are a few times, (thankfully only a few) that I snap at mom, then I feel bad. Those days I try to find something to do in the other part of the house

• RustBeltCowgirlRustBeltCowgirl North Coast OhioPosts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant I spend a lot of time in other sections of the house. When Mom was little, she came down with a case of execema. Which was not very common in the early 40's, she was held out of school for a year and has always bought into the notion that she has always been "sickly". Dad and I have spent a ton of money for water aerobics/women's only fitness clubs. Begging her to get up and move around. Now she is confined to a wheelchair as she is a "falls" risk. She at one point tried to turn me into a servant. Bring me...get me...I want.....I like...… It has done irrepairable damage to the relationship. With an open concept kitchen, I dread being in the kitchen when she is out in the living room. But, as she will tell you, she doesn't tell me what to do, she's just "suggesting"....you should....you need to…..you have to....do this instead...….

Sorry, had to rant for a minute. 😒

• monica197monica197 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

@RustBeltCowgirl I am thinking of you and caring. Be encouraged by our little conversation here. We care. You are valuable and we appreciate your contributions to this forum. You are worth it!!!💚

• Annie KateAnnie Kate Eastern Ontario, CanadaPosts: 581 ✭✭✭✭

Wishing you strength, energy, and patience, @RustBeltCowgirl! And the ability to set boundaries gently. May God bless your difficult work!