100 day challenge

rbusby01
rbusby01 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to start a 100 day challenge to get out of my rut. I'm thinking everyday I'll try or do something new. Has anyone else done a 100 day challenge? Would anyone be interested in joining and sharing? I'll plan to start next week and post here when interesting. Hopefully shaking up my molecules will help improve my mental health :)

Comments

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that I'm stuck in a rut. I need to get working on my lab, the interior walls need to be up. The frame for the cot needs built.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give it a try.

My biggest issue is I have so much to do and no help. It tends to be overwhelming if you look at tehr big picture so I try to just look at little pieces and tackle that.

And I leave no time for fun - and that is really what you need to do, treat yourself to a little fun or something new

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly, I thought I would get a lot of long-delayed projects done during COVID because I couldn't do much else. But it hasn't worked out that way. There was always enough regular stuff that needed doing (including gardening) to prevent me from getting very deep into the delayed project list. Oh, well.

• Monek Marie
    edited March 2021

@VermontCathy I think the underlying covid thing just gnawed at people. I was surprised I did not get more done too.

I like @rbusby01's idea of trying something new. Even something simple and not time consuming I think would make a difference.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Needed containers at the barn for Cigar's supplements. One bag AM and one bag PM. Got Chrome Yellow and Sunset Pink to spray paint the lids. Will use black stick on letters for time.

Also, grabbed a intact tire tread from the median and will use the spray paint on that for color. Protection for my yarrow against Dad and the lawnmower.

So, 1 day down. Color has been added to my world.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

100 days is a good timeframe to do a daily qigong challenge.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

100 day challenge sounds great. I wonder if I’d be able to keep up. I’ve already began morning walks while sipping a cup of hot coffee before going off to work. Interestingly, I’ll give it a try. @rbusby01

• rbusby01

I agree. It can be overwhelming to try and do everything. The list is so long! That's why as I'm going through the list, I'll add in something fun to break up the stress of everything! It'll be great! Let me know how it goes Denise!

• rbusby01

Me too Cathy! I thought with the lockdowns, I'd get more done, but life stopped me short. I'm ready to get going again!

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant Once again your hilarious farm stories made me laugh out loud and lightened my overall mood, thank you. I needed that this evening.😄

@rbusby01 If we weren't in the middle of getting ready to move and sell our house, I'd so join you. I love the idea of trying something new. And when we are able to find the property for our homestead/farm I'll have a ton of things to be doing/trying that will be new. So I hope you do this again.

• rbusby01
  • Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the idea. I feel like I really want to find a way to do this with you all. I have a similar concern to @Denise Grant. I have practically no help. I think that it is very important for a person to take care of themselves despite being busy with responsibility and I do love a good challenge. I talked myself into it. I'm in!

@rbusby01 When do we start?

• Monek Marie
    edited May 2021

I am grateful for the laughter the chickens and animals add to my days. (The snacks are bribery for the work project they are about to do)

Today I took time off to go to the old trolley post up the road and enjoy. Time for myself before I try and move the kennel

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

I could try to finish something everyday. I have so many unfinished things on my plate! I think I will join you. :)

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@rbusby01 Yes! This sounds so fun! Keep us posted on how to participate!

• Wendy
    Wendy Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

I have done a 100 day knit challenge - to knit every day for 100 days. Mission accomplished.

@Lisa K and @Denise Grant - I started a gratitude journal in 2014 after reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. After filling two journals with a few phrases each day, my daughter bought me a five year journal. I am now on my second one. Writing gratitude daily fills my life with joy. One of the best things is looking back to the previous years, same day, to "relive" those memories. I say to hubby "Three years ago, we traveled to Delaware to visit our daughter."

• Monek Marie
    edited March 2021

@Wendy How wonderful.

I am grateful today I get my car back today and it was not as expensive to fix as I thought. Four days without a car and I am well stocked but everything that could pop up did.

Its raining and very windy out today so outdoor work is on hold. So when I get the car back I will be in the area of my favorite small store and will get 2 lunches (everything is homemade!) One for my mother and I and one for who ever can help me get my car. I just love this little old fashioned store/deli.

• tilathehunn
    tilathehunn Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

Interested....

• rbusby01

Ya'll are doing so great!!! I planned to start last week, but got sick! Even though I was down for a few days, I still managed to do some new things- Did pottery at a clay place, bought a pink geranium, took a drive searching for bluebonnets ( not new, but a yearly search!), learning interactive metronome ( for focus/brain training). I plan to start the 100days on the Monday after Easter! I'm going to line some things up for next week!

P.S. I also keep a small gratitude journal that I write 5 things I'm thankful for each night before bed. It's nice to read through them periodically. Total game changer:)

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

I think I should make myself a 100 day challenge. I've been busy working on a lot of things, but have so many projects that I haven't gotten to.

• Monek Marie
    edited March 2021

I think keeping a journal is a great idea. It keeps you on track and also shows you want you have done and accomplished. Even small steps make a huge difference in time.

Thanks for suggesting this @rbusby01

• Monek Marie
    edited March 2021

it will be a rainy day here so my plans will be indoor chores. One project will be to declutter my craft cabinet. Its in dire need or a cleaning. I'll drop any times off to the local audubon so that they can use them for their children's day camps. A calm project for a rainy and later snowy day.

I do plan to go out to a fun discount store later and see what different items they have.

And as for gratitude. The birds have been singing to me as dawn arrives and the fog is trying to lift. I miss the birds singing in the winter so its nice to hear them again.

• RustBeltCowgirl

I have today off and will have a long weekend for the Easter holiday. I have several pairs of jeans that need hems done or hems repaired. Plan to get that taken care of and get them into rotation. Also, have several knitting projects that I haven't worked on for a while.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zippers failed on the light spring jackets that my husband and I use. I replaced both zippers yesterday.

Removing zippers is a pain. It requires a stitch-picker and considerable patience. Once you have the old zipper out, putting a new one in is easy (assuming you have a sewing machine).

I find that zippers are usually the first thing to fail on a jacket. Most of my light spring jackets, heavy winter coats, and everything in between goes through 2 zippers before the rest of the jacket fails and needs replacement.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

am pleased to say I’ve been making time late afternoons lately to sit on the dock and wait and watch the otters 🦦 thats the newest event taking place in my life...

@rbusby01 i think I’m with you for the Monday after Easter. There is so much going on my head is spinning. I think this and adding the journaling will be a great help...

@Denise Grant it’s been rough and journaling is something I started years ago and never carried through. It’s been recommended lately and I’m thinking this is a great time to start again...

@VermontCathy i have some sewing to catch up on as well...

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

I wrote out on a single piece of paper the dates to track what I’ve done progress. I began on March 27. It’s in the same journal as my morning walk with a cup of coffee one as i write what i hear, taste, feel and notice during the walk. :)