A knock on the door

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

When there is a knock on my door I never know what it might be.

Today the was banging on the door. Oh no. I hope it's not an animal that found its way out of the fencing. (Always a concern here)

But it was a nice surprise. The one church about four miles away dropped off a Easter dinner basket! Ham, apple sauce, rolls, corn, beans, yams and dessert. What a nice pleasant surprise.

If no last minute surprises pop up we will have our first family holiday in a year and a half. I'll be taking a lot of this up to share with family.

Comments

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

@Denise Grant what a nice surprise.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

That is nice!

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Oh! That's so nice!

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

That is a nice Easter surprise! enjoy!

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was pretty cool. Enjoy the family dinner, it's been a long time.

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@Denise Grant So nice. Have a lovely time with your family.

We still have to wait until.... we do not know when we can see our children and grandchildren. We all live in different countries and so far it has never been a problem. Rather enrichment. Now it is so different.

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That was really nice! Happy Easter!

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

That's awesome! Happy Easter!

• Monek Marie
    edited April 2021

It was a beautiful day in NW W PA, sunny and no wind. The kids had a great day and it was so nice to be with family

I took up ramps for the family but left some with roots and soil so my nephew [planted one batch of them and will put in another batch tomorrow.

MOm was out and did very well. She has been weak since winter so it was nice to see her be able to do stairs and just have a good day

I hope everyone had a wonder holiday or weekend

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

Wow! That's really nice! What a great Easter gift!

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great! What a blessing.

• Monek Marie

Yes it was a wonderful knock on ther door. Usually its, "There's a cow stuck in the creek" or "Someone just flew over your bank in a car."

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I took my 73 year old aunt to visit and sleep in our new lake house for the first time a couple of years ago. We were each in our own bedrooms sleeping when I heard a knocking. I thought it was my aunt in the kitchen so I stayed in bed. More knocking. Even more knocking. It was 3 am. I crept out of bed and peaked into her bedroom. She was fast asleep so who could it be? Uh oh, better check out the kitchen widow to see who came across the 30 foot tree house style bridge to knock on the front door. Nobody there. What? I walked over to the front door and flipped on the lights really fast and swung open the door to catch whoever was there before they could get off the bridge. Nobody there. Wait. Look down. It's a porcupine knocking on my storm door in the middle of the night. Really! It took one look at me and slowly backed up and off the bridge.

I talked with my aunt the next morning at breakfast and she thought I was making the banging in the middle of the night. What a great story I had for her.

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

Nice! I saw the headline and instantly my mind went to those birds that knock on the window! I was so happy to move. They are impossible to get rid of LOL!

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

How lovely! :).

• Monek Marie

@frogvalley I would have never thought of a porcupine. How funny. I wonder who it expected to open the door?

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

Very nice...