Ah that mother of mine
She likes to keep me on my toes and not bored! ;)
She had her 6 month check up today and we left early and planned to go to our discount store and take home dinner. She's moving much better than she was when it was winter and she never got out.
The doctors building is partially shut down to to our strict covid regulations so I dropped her off by one door and planned to park the car. As she shut the door she somehow hit her leg but seemed ok. I parked the car and came back to find a blood trail.
She was waiting to be buzzed in and I told her she was bleeding. "Oh that's not me". "Mom look at you pant leg."
Somehow the very bottom of the door hit her calf and it ripped the skin open, not the pants just skin. She never made it to her doctor but spent 4 hours in the emergency ward. And she has 10 stitches and a 3 inch gash.
I picked up one of her favorite meals and tonight will be a quiet night.
My work weekend may be put off or I will have to send her to my brothers. Life is never boring.
- 605 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 25 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 200 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 377 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.2K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 405 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 289 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 297 The Homestead: DIY
- 853 Personal Journals
- 76 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter