The ups and downs of life, Its ever changing

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the last tweaks to put on the making cages post I am working on. I had it almost done and the computer threw a fit. I hear they are always better instructions the second time you do them. Note to self: there is a save draft button down below.

I will not be online this week much and maybe next week. My brother passed away today. He was 64. My mother is very sad and I think still in shock, as we all are. Life has definitely been turned upside down.

But at least as I told mom and other family he passed away at home in the house and property he loved. He lived 62 years in that house.

We finally had a family holiday after 1 1/2 years so the family time spent a day in laughter and fun. It's a nice memory to be left with. I am grateful we had this day

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant Sorry for your loss. I lost my 63 year old sister in 2019 and my mom in 2020. You will make it through but it will be tough. Get lots of hugs because they will help you feel better.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant So sorry for your loss. At least you had some time just recently to enjoy family togetherness.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family today ❤

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@Denise Grant sorry to hear your sad news. The loss of a close family member is hard to process and even believe when it first happens. Love, hugs and distant support from down under.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@Denise Grant My condolences for your loss. I'm glad you are there for your mother.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

That is so young. Sorry for you loss. I'm glad he was able to be in the place he loved for so long. What a blessing.

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

I am so sorry for your loss @Denise Grant. Cherish those memories and share any and all stories with your mom. She will enjoy hearing and remembering the fun and crazy antics children often do.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, especially, in my perspective, at a young age. Glad that you were able to have that time with your family.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant prayers of strength and resilience during your healing

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant Sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you will be able to find comfort and peace. And, yes, dying at home in a place you love is a gift that not everyone gets.

I am glad your family was able to get together. That is a blessing.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so @Denise Grant to hear about your brother. I just returned from saying "Goodbye" to my brother this week and I'm holding your words about being where he loved in my heart, too. You are a very special lady with a very special and lucky family to have you. My prayers are with you. I'm here for you.

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

My deepest condolences ❤

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant I'm very sorry for your loss. Will be praying for you and your family.

• Monek Marie

Thank all of you for your kind words. Its never easy to let someone go or understand when they leave so much younger than you want.

@frogvalley I am also sorry for you loss. Message me anytime you want. And be prepared. One day soon I will be driving by your home.

Today is not a good day for me. I plan to chug coffee and visit my mew ducks (Yes new rare ducks!)

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Oh, I've just read this. I am sorry, @Denise Grant

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

I also missed this. I want to add my condolences to both you, @Denise Grant and @frogvalley.

The time ahead will be difficult, for sure, mixed with fond memories. Take the time to let yourself grieve. Also, let people take care of you if they offer to in this time as well. Take time for yourself.

@Denise Grant Did you mean smew ducks? https://www.purelypoultry.com/smew-ducks-p-1459.html 😍 Wow. They are gorgeous and nothing I had heard about until today. Are they really that expensive (I read almost $900 for a juvenile pair)? So many rare & stunning ducks are extremely expensive.

No matter what ducks you have...enjoy them. It is not uncommon for poultry & waterfowl keepers to take solace in their birds.

Please take care. Both you and @frogvalley are in my thoughts. I think it is great that you may be able to meet to support one another. Wonderful.

• Monek Marie

@LaurieLovesLearning No, those are amazing ducks. It's just my fantastic typos at their best - again ;) Thanks for the link. Love to look at ducks and geese.

I picked up white muscovey, Pencil Indian runners (ebony) some call ducks and black swedish. They have been fun to watch.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@Denise Grant That typo was a fun diversion for me as well.

I can imagine the antics of all of your ducks, so fun. We've had all on your list but Swedish.

I've been fascinated lately with how wildlife just keeps on going normally when life throws huge unexpected and often unwelcome curveballs into one's life. I have found that quietly observing wildlife (or in "our" case, our birds or other animals) can be very grounding. We stress and have worries and have devastating or crazy things happening all around us so often that affect us so greatly, yet these animals keep on normally going on with life, unaware of all of our people troubles and struggles. If we take the time to just sit back, as you have done, they can help restore some of the joy and settled peace that we may have lost. I believe they are a special & beautiful gift that God has given us. We just need to take that purposeful time to be silent for a while.

May you be blessed to receive some of that restoration as you tend to your soul in this way. ❤

• Monek Marie

@LaurieLovesLearning Those were stunning ducks!~ I'd like to see a pair.

I have also found peace in planting. Right now its day by day and enjoying the simple things in life.

If the weather improves next week I may pitch a tent in the back yard and totally veg.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

frogvalley I am sorry about your loss of your brother. Will keep you and your family in my prayers as well.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

I am sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I am really sorry for you. I do understand the depth of grief; it takes time; I do pray that you will find comfort and be able to move ahead.

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Life does change, but keeps flowing like a river. I lost my "horsie" mentor just after Christmas. Carol owned the barn where Cigar is and was always there to be a counsel. Most of the horses in the barn are "seniors". It was sad to be at the barn this morning to find 2 more horses were gone. It gets quieter.

I'm really having to face the fact that Cigar might now be the oldest in the barn. Quarter horses can live 25 to 35 years. That is compounded by Dad being 88 and Mom is 82.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Yes @RustBeltCowgirl , it looks like there are hard things to face in your future. I hope you will be able to enjoy their presence while you can.

Perhaps you will also be able to find some rest in spending time observing plant and animal friends as @LaurieLovesLearning mentioned.

• Monek Marie

When Bob passed at 64 I felt old for the first time. I know with mom being 91 there will more more changes soon.

Life is a gift.

@RustBeltCowgirl Enjoy Cigar.