Seaweed Therapeutics Course

Torey
Torey Posts: 5,679 admin
edited May 2021 in Other Courses

Wild Rose College has developed a new course. Seaweed Therapeutics. Its on sale right now for $97 CAD (till June 1 2021). So even cheaper for those of you in the US. Taught by Angela Willard (Clinical Herbalist).

I know very little about seaweed from a medicinal point of view so I am signing up for this.

Comments

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey Is she the wife of the Herbal Jedi? I'm going to check it out thanks for posting.

• Torey

@silvertipgrizz Yes. She is Yarrow's wife.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey Then the presentation has to be awesome..so glad you posted.....I checked out the site and signed up for updates etc.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

This looks interesting. thanks for posting.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds interesting.

• happy-trails
    happy-trails Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

I know little about seaweed used medicinally... thanks so much for sharing!

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a little in cooking but would love to know more about it. Thanks for sharing, @torey.😊

• Torey

I am pretty pleased with this course so far. I have just started Lesson 2 and am learning so much. I can hardly wait for my next trip to the coast to go foraging!

While this course is about seaweeds from the Pacific Coast (Alaska to California), she has mentioned that once you learn the principles of the different colour types, you can apply the knowledge to seaweeds from other coasts.

I was surprised to learn about the protein content of Nori. And B12. I have never really cared for Nori in Japanese cuisine but I might have to give it another try.

I did know about Carrageenan's food uses but I certainly didn't know about the medicinal properties.

I really hope that there will be the opportunity for an in-person seaweed walk sometime soon. Its a long, expensive drive (ferries) for me but I think it would be sooooo worth it.