Aluminum cutworm collars - any problem?
We have a problem with cutworms. I've been making collars for the plants out of aluminum flashing. I have seen some discussion of a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's disease. I have eliminated aluminum cookware and anti-perspirants for that reason. Is there any problem with aluminum cutworm collars contaminating the soil? Maybe I should paint them, to prevent soil contact and oxidation?
This Week's Leaders
- 607 All Categories
- 19 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 23 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 186 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 368 Current Events & Breaking News
- 960 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 378 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 27 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 239 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 286 The Homestead: DIY
- 785 Personal Journals
- 72 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter