Kitchen design for tiny spaces

RustBeltCowgirl
RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always looking for space saving idea.

Love the pull out counter top in Kitchen #4. Extra storage can be added if that countertop is made like a drawer. Piano hinges on the back and storage inside it.

Comments

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

Great ideas @RustBeltCowgirl I love looking at Tiny Houses.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an interesting site called cheaprvliving.com that discusses converting a van, small RV, or other vehicle into a permanent home. Vans seem to be the most popular choice.

There are also some great YouTube videos where people show the conversions they have done on their vans. Some have refrigerators or freezers, built-in stoves, foot-pumped water systems and clean and gray-water tanks, solar panels on the roof, inverters...this is getting into tiny house territory!

Even if you are thinking tiny house instead of van, you can get some good ideas about very efficient use of space by looking at what the van-dwellers are doing.

https://www.cheaprvliving.com/

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

This is a nice resource. I'm always looking for tricks, hints and tips that help me better utilize my kitchen space.

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@RustBeltCowgirl

Thanks for the link. I am always interested in a tiny house. I think it is a good option!

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@VermontCathy I must confess, I had not thought about a van. It might be perfect for us! Thanks for your suggestions and link.