growing fruits and veggies in buckets..

Comments

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz Thanks for the link---I want to try lemons in a container!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@water2world

Just in case I forget, remind me...I recently found a guy who does a ton of garden/growing vids. He and his live in Cali and most everything he does is very informational..more diverse than many. I can't think of his name or web site just now but I get notifications so I'll post it as soon as I can. I think you could get lots of ideas from watching him...including a couple of vids on companion planting which I plan on posting as well. He listed companion plants and reasons I had never heard before..was very helpful and diff than any I had heard of before.

• water2world

@silvertipgrizz That sounds awesome! I'll watch for your posting!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@water2world I just posted 2 of his vids... both on companion planting, one on maters and one on peppers. At that point you can find him and go through his vids and pick and choose what you want to watch. I think you will find good info and some that might be new to you... I hope you find lots that helps you.

• water2world

@silvertipgrizz Thank you soooo much!

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

We grow quite a few vegetables and fruits in containers. This years allotment was broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, lemons and limes. Oh, and zucchini. It's planted in a wheelbarrow. I want to see if I can make it through the season without the squash but killing them.

• Brindy
    Brindy Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I love planting in containers, but my favorite are grow bags. The roots don't get all would up in the grow bags and you can set them in water so there is no need to water from the top.

@naomi.kohlmeier , I love the pictures. Those look amazing!

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@naomi.kohlmeier great garden!

Due to creatures like gophers and the poor soil (clay and sandstone) I have to grow most of my fruits & veggies in buckets.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love growing trees in buckets, and my grow bags have the smaller stuff. Right now, I have mango, apricot, loquat, plum, guava, mulberry, and bay trees growing on my patio in buckets. I will plant some of them across the street on the strip by the road next spring.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

At my parent's house I was growing a Bay tree in a bucket and when they moved down to San Diego I made them bring it with them at which time my dad planted it in the ground (26 years ago) and the tree is now over 20 feet tall!

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

Last night I had dinner at my daughter's place and she surprised me with bucket grown cucumber in the salad! What a treat. Always great when your kids finally see the value of real food.