I'm looking for my tribe...

Paradox
Paradox Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

I think they are out there.. I hope they are. But I'm feeling so alone today!

Who is in my tribe?

Those that want to live lighter on the earth, though they still appreciate some creature comforts (like AC!).

Those that want to be producers instead of just consumers (see Shannon Hayes book Radical Homemaker)

Those that like to crack jokes, watch Sci-Fi, quote movies/shows, have fun.

Those that think there is still hope to save this world we live on, and think that everyone will need to do their part. Those that believe we have a responsibility to steward the earth and leave it better for our children/grandchildren/the next generation.

Those that don't want to put politics ahead of people. Those that think everyone should have "privilege", and would like to find ways to improve the system.

Are you part of my tribe?

PS I'm in Wisconsin

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,849 admin
    edited July 27

I do have a few differences from you, like I am not into sci-fi, nor am I in Wisconsin...I hear it is beautiful & fishing is great there...oh and I would love to have AC! Aside from these, I would consider myself a part of your tribe. So many things that you mentioned are very important to live a fulfilled life that makes a difference.

Do not despair. You are certainly not alone here & I bet someone here is actually a perfect match!

I would like to add that you certainly are important and appreciated.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Moderator Posts: 4,277 admin

Honestly, I have no freaking clue to what, if any, tribe or group I can even fit anymore! But, we all get along here alright, mostly. "Non-conformists unite!"

• Megan Venturella
    Megan Venturella Posts: 499 ✭✭✭✭

They are out there. We are out here. It’s tough dancing to your own drumbeat. But I’ve found that even when I’m the only one, good people slowly come on board with my weird ideas.

Lonely is hard. 💕

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭

@Paradox I'm with you on all those that you listed.

We're going to have no "red shirts" in this community, no siree.😉

Everyone feels like an island from time to time. But I've learned that those here, on TGN, have most likely been there too at one point or another. I've come to truly appreciate the uniqueness and yet sameness that we all share. If that makes since.

You are not alone.

• Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

no red shirts.. but any pudding brains? (dr Who reference)

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28

@Paradox I don't believe Dr Who would find any pudding brains here in this community. 😄

There are too many intelligent and resourceful people here on TGN. It's truly a treasure trove of knowledge and experience.

I feel honestly, humbled and blessed to be in community with them all. I know that if I'm stuck there's someone here who's been through it too and can help guide me along the best course of action.

• torey
    torey Moderator Posts: 3,698 admin

Sorry you are feeling alone @Paradox. It is difficult sometimes to navigate the world when we are not around like-minded people. I hope you find and connect with a few of those people here on TGN.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 1,143 admin

@Paradox Please be kind to yourself, just breathe and be in the moment. I think we all feel like an island at times. The rest of the world seems like a nasty place and all you ever hear is negative stuff. In reality the world is a wonder, full of some very good people, kind, compassionate and loving. Nature is a thing to embrace. Take a walk in a nice place, you’ll be glad you did.

just remember you’ll always be supported by your tribe, here at TGN.

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.

-Epictetus