It is with a very heavy heart that I am rehoming all my animals
My mothers health issues are very much up in the air and there has to be changes. Mom is taking at least 14 to 16 hours of work a day and I just don't have time to care for animals properly. I also may move for a bit as this house is really not set up for a person with mobility issues. We live over a small bank and getting out sometimes, even in summer if its rained, is challenging. So today I sit here with tears rolling down my face and try to hide it from my mom.
Listing this in encouragement may seem strange but there is always another side to any issue. I may have rehome my furry family but when one doors shuts another opens. And I am being very careful where my animals go.
I still want to have a learning center here one day and I can work on other aspects of that that don't take me outdoors and away from mom. I am (slowly) accepting the fact I may not have mom here long. So my goal is what ever time she has left is that I can make it happy.
In a world like we all seem to have now with uncertainty and change seems to be part of our lives. I guess it time to roll with the flow and figure out any positives.
I want to thank you all for being here. I have an extended family and that is a great thing.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter