Great article on how to melt down plastic containers to make things

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

A new project! i love recycling and keep items out of the dump!

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Absolutely! Being a river rat and a fisherman of all waters I can access, plastics are a major concern for me. I am going to get on this ASAP

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Great article, really helpful in explaining which plastics you can use and which you can't. I just went to Amazon to price the toaster ovens, and found small ones that look like they might work ranging from around $40 to $75. That's not too bad, but it's time to start looking around to see if there are cheaper used ones available and start gathering the right kind of plastics--also to figure out what else you can make after the cutting board! A very cool project.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our county started recycling in 1971. That is when I started recycling! At the time I lived in California they didn't recycle. They had a cart for lawn debris and garbage.

Here we have a Materials Exchange also and I have taken items to them to use. I have had recycling since I moved here in 1996! I love recycling.

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

This is very cool! Are there any risks of phalates getting into the food from the cutting board?

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@judsoncarroll4 what an interesting article. I love recycling, but, so far, have never experimented with plastic. Like @Cornelius the first thought was whether it is safe to cut food, but the author described which plastic she uses, so it should be safe. @MaryRowe I also find the part on explaining different plastics very useful. I will be looking for a second hand oven.

Well, another excellent idea.