SEED SWAP - USA 🇺🇸

LaurieLovesLearning
LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin
edited December 2021 in Seed Swaps

**US residents only**

Here are a few guidelines to keep the swaps running well:

1. Please post your extra seeds that you are willing to swap or give away in this thread. Don't be stingy. Be generous in your giving! Mark these as "SWAP:" or "GIVE AWAY:"

2. Feel free to post what you are searching for too! Mark these as "WANTED:"

3. Please state your location as: MN, CA, CO, SD, SC, etc.

4. The sender assumes the cost of postage, as it should be minimal anyway.

No money is to change hands for seeds under this heading.

5. Check your state's list of invasives first, if speaking for seeds, to make sure you are complying before speaking for seeds. We don't want to cause a problem for ourselves or others.

6. Seal your smaller seeds in a small baggie or paper envelope before sending, ensuring that they can't escape!

7. DO NOT post personal contact information in this thread. PM the poster about the seed to exchange applicable info privately.

8. If the seeds are spoken for and you have none left, please contact a moderator and ask a mod to edit/update your offer in this category as "SOLD"

9. If you have any questions that have not been covered above, please contact a moderator.

Lets build community!

Thank you, and have fun! 🌱

Comments

• tinarock
    tinarock Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

GIVE AWAY: Purslane seeds that make glorious huge nutritious purslane!

New Jersey

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

WANTED in Alaska

Would love to get my hands on some stinging nettle seeds. I know they are supposed to grow wild here but have never been lucky enough to find any.

If you have any and are willing to share Please, let me know the details.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

SWAP or GIVE AWAY (Note from Admin: Please contact to confirm)

I have a few Gopher Spurge (Euphorbia lathyris) seeds, Organic.

I had a seedling up and then discovered that this plant is extremely invasive in the US western states. At that point I pulled up the plant and gave up on the idea of using the plants to repel my rodents.

Family: Spurge (Euphorbiaceae)

Hardy to Zones 5 to 12

(Mole Plant, Caper Spurge, Gopher Plant, Paper Spurge, Petroleum Plant) Erect evergreen annual or biennial to 3 feet tall.  Self-seeding. Native to the Mediterranean basin and Europe, widely grown in gardens. The plant is considered to be an invasive weed by some authorities, but most gardeners will grow it without fear. All parts of this plant are filled with an acrid latex that will burn skin and eyes and cause great intestinal irritation if ingested. Wash hands after handling the plant, especially if the latex gets on your hands. If the latex gets in your eyes, then flush eyes immediately with a copious stream of fresh milk. Beyond the cautions, this is a really handsome, interesting and potentially useful plant. The erect stem bears opposite pairs of lance-shaped leaves colored intensely blue-green. The flowers are yellow, giving way to the sectioned pods that hold the seeds. The plant prefers full sun to part shade and does fine in regular garden soil or poor soil. It is quite drought tolerant. Sow seed in the spring, in pots or directly in the garden. Cover with 1/2 inch of soil, tamp firmly and keep warm and moist until germination, which occurs in 1 to 6 weeks. Thin to a foot apart.

Message me if you are interested.

• MelissaLynne
    MelissaLynne Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

I have plenty growing here and can look into harvesting some for you. :)

• MelissaLynne
    edited November 2020

GIVE AWAY from WA zone 5

I have an abundance of dill and parsnip seeds and can look into harvesting/collecting lambs quarters, mullein, burdock, and stinging nettle.

• AngelaOston
    AngelaOston Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

SWAP or GIVE AWAY:

In New Mexico - have a ton of tomatillo seeds. Happy to share / trade for any edible seed

• vickeym
    edited November 2020

@MelissaLynne That would be awesome. I would love some stinging nettle and some mullein if you have enough extra. I would happily pay for shipping, Just let me know what I can do to help make this happen. Or if there is anything I can do for you in return. Message me for address and anything else I can do for you.

• vickeym

OH, I also just ordered a bunch of seeds from Sow True Seed company, so I may have some extra seeds once I get those. Stocking up on heirloom and open pollinated seeds while there is still some to get.

• Tiffany-LifeOfJoie
    Tiffany-LifeOfJoie Posts: 15 ✭✭✭

Hi @MelissaLynne, do you happen to still have any lambs quarters or stinging nettle seeds?

• MelissaLynne

@Tiffany-LifeOfJoie , @vickeym

sent you messages. :)

• Tiffany-LifeOfJoie
    Tiffany-LifeOfJoie Posts: 15 ✭✭✭

@monica197 Oh YES! If you have any of those stevia seeds left, I’d be so grateful!

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

SWAP or GIVE AWAY

I have a ton of spaghetti squash seeds available, I usually package them as groups of 25.

• Doc Irie
    Doc Irie Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Ethiopian Kale Available

• monica197
    monica197 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭

SWAP OR GIVE:

Rattlesnake Cowpea

• vickeym

I know I'm way late to respond, but if you have any stevia seeds left I would love to get some and be extremely thankful to have them.

• monica197

@vickeym I don't have any right now but if you message your address I can send you some when I do. Right now the stevia is in its regenerating phase as I just pruned it all the way down.

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@monica197 do you still have some cowpeas? I just learned they are great in my area. I have many different seeds I can trade, if there is something you are looking for.

• monica197

I am glad to send you some - can you message me your address? @gardneto76

• Megan Venturella
    Megan Venturella Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

GIVE AWAY: Palestinian Bottle Gourd and Loofah seeds

Both warm weather plants. I haven’t tested them for germination yet but they’re free and both do really well in hot climates.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Megan Venturella Hi, you got my attention with seeds that work in a hot climate. Are you willing to send them to Utah?

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

NEED:

Does anyone have red clover seeds?

• Megan Venturella
    Megan Venturella Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭