Has anyone else had stink bugs come into their house? Last winter and now again, they have been app

Last winter and now again, stink bugs have been invading my house. Why? What can I do about it? I have been hitting them, but I don't want them coming into my house in the first place.

Best Answers

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

We had them come inside but only in my daughter's bedroom. I figured there must be some opening somewhere but never could find one. I put some DE around the window and window sill after that there were only a few. My husband would grab them up in a paper towel and squish them. I flicked them into a cup of soapy water with lots of bubbles so they couldn't get out.

• monica197
    monica197 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I was just watching a video on Living Web YouTube channel and they were talking about taking the pest - whatever it would be - and actually burning them down to ash and then sprinkling the ashes around...in this instance, in the garden...and that that would deter that pest for a long time.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I will try the diatomaceous earth that you and another one suggested.

Answers

• MissPatricia

Last year I had an infestation of hundreds of centipedes in my basement. That had never happened before in 50+ years

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Uninvited guests of the bug variety are never nice. For quite a few years we had Asian lady bugs coming in. This fall brought quite a few in too. Few are still alive now at least.

I suspect that they are just trying to find shelter & your house seems warm & cozy.

All this to say that I have no idea what you can do about any of it besides closing up every little crack & hole you might have to the outdoors. I suspect that would never be possible in the majority of houses.

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've had a few issues with insects ourselves off and on. 🐜🕷️

So I'd love to hear if anyone has any other suggestions. I've used diatomaceous earth around the outside of the house with some success but could use some other ideas.

• Nancy Carter
    Nancy Carter Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

We have had several stink bugs and lady bugs come in the past few weeks! It is getting pretty cold outside here lately!

• MissPatricia

I'll have to try the diatomaceous earth. Thanks, JennyT.