Growing ground cherry
This year my youngest daughter asked for growing ground cherry as she really like the fruits.
So I ordered a seed pack and yesterday we starter the first part of the seeds indoors on the window sill. We will start another batch as written on the seed package in March but as a lot of internet based growing instructions suggest starting early we opted for the split approach.
Does anyone have experience with ground cherries and how they grow? Out last frost date is early to mid May and first frost is late October.
Wanted to plant them outside directly in the ground and some in pots
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter