Butter Churn or Clothes Washer?

I was watching this video and wondered how well this might work on clothes. If course you would not want to make butter & wash clothes in the same one and certainly not a the same time. Haha

Here's a crude diy butter churn.

I'm looking for an idea how to do LOTS of cream at a time. One cow is now "past due" and the other isn't looking too far off.

Comments

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning What a fun way to physically improve one’s body to become more healthy! Is that 40 minutes daily? And, for how long is the churning process?

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin
    edited August 2022

@SuperC I thought it would be a good arm & grip workout for Judo! 😄 We think the best gym is the most practical one. What we found was that farm folks who did more daily physical work were overall stronger, & more fit & flexible than the city folks who worked out in the gym. It just builds muscles differently. Its more supported and balanced.

I didn't pay attention to time frame. I was busy listening for to materials to make it. 🤔 I imagine it's whenever butter needs to be made and for as long as it takes to make it.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning that was very fascinating and yes, he did say 40 minutes. That is quite amazing!

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have made butter in a stand mixer, but this looks very interesting. I wonder as the OP is, if this system could be adapted to a small scale clothes washing system.

Would certainly be useful on an off grid homestead.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

A couple of times, I hand churned butter with the kids when they were young (elementary school age). But normally I would use the blender. Never had lots to churn at a time, just the cream off the gallon of raw milk I would buy from a local farmer.

This idea does look intriguing for washing cloths since my washing machine seems to have given up the ghost after 30ish years of stellar service.