Update* Unusual Request: My brother is missing
I was just told that my youngest brother is missing. Few details are known, but he had said this morning that he was helping a friend out who was in trouble. He never showed up to two places he was supposed to be today. He has been going through some really difficult stuff, but I think his disappearance is related to trying to help someone, not his issues. His van is missing and supposedly his phone was found by a woman who claims she found it on the street...but she hung up on the police.
When someone goes missing in our capital city, it usually never ends well. It has been long known as a murder capital. Not a nice thing to be known for.
My nephew is burying his 23 year old girlfriend tomorrow afternoon. This is after he "lost" the 3 kids in his care because one of the kids dads reported that he kidnapped them (all he did was visit his parents for a weekend and planned on returning the day that call was received). I never met her, and only our two oldest will be attending the funeral (they met her), but feel very much for both the kids who are in limbo & my nephew.
If you pray, please pray. I am shaking. I am so tired of everything that has been happening in my family lately (there is more yet, but these are the biggest things). I hope I can get some sleep.
I may not be on TGN much over the next while. Mods...I trust you to watch over the forum. You are a great bunch. If you have questions about anything, please consult with each other by pm. If you need additional input, please contact Merin. This post is being very glitchy for me tonight, so please excuse anything strange in my post.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter