Starting to learn foraging early

Here is our grandson. He has tasted clumps of dirt/sand already (so, pre-biotics, lol) & today he tried dandelions & Johnny jump up. 🥰

What a good mom to get him tasting these so early!

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Awesome! How time flies! He is so big!

I was doing the same thing this morning on a walk with my neighbour. Munching on spring greens.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my he is getting big! That is great that he is getting to try those things already. My nephew (7 months old) also has a mother that is starting him early like that.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin
    edited May 2023

@Michelle D @Torey He's a big, heavy boy @ 8 months! I wish I could show you his smile in the first picture. It's pretty big!

It's fun when babies are guided toward seeing/tasting/eating healthy, wild plants. There is so much more to life than baby food. 😆

I can only imagine the knowledge they will be able to glean by the time they are grandparents. If only I could have started learning about herbs this young! 🥰

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning Precious!

What a wonderful way to start! I wish I would have been exposed at an early age---now I'm just trying to absorb all that I can.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

@water2world Just like me! That's why I'm encouraging our kids to not only learn (head knowledge), but actively go out and get hands on & then if we have time, go in & make something.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

That is grand. And, to be learning at his age!

I’ve always loved eating garden fresh dill, thyme, chives. With chives, I’ve learned to eat them before 2pm

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

Very cute😇

My kids have been learning since little too!