Peach trees curling disease. What can I do?

what could I do to save my peach tree?

It has the curling disease. The leaves are pink and curled. I try to remove as many as possible (not into compost, of course). Is there anything else to do?

i have read, too late, that one could put vinegar on the buds. I will plant more garlic under the tree.

Comments

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@jowitt.europe I believe a copper or sulphur based fungicide would sort out your peach leaf curl problem but that is usually sprayed in the dormant stage(tree). Once the fungus has entered the leaf, you can’t control the fungus.

maybe you could experiment & pluck all the leaves off one section of the tree & then spray to see what happens, hopefully then more leaves will shoot.

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@JodieDownUnder thank you for your advice. Yesterday I removed all the curled leaves. Not many left on the tree. Surprisingly there are quite a few small peaches. I wonder whether they grow with so few leaves round.

I am not sure I want to use fungicides at this time of the year. But I will experiment next spring when the buds start swelling. Today I will plant a lot of garlic under the tree. I have a lot of garlic growing around, so I just have to move them to another place. Garlic does a good job by protecting my roses. No aphids. All the neighbours around complain that they have a lot.

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

That's a good idea about planting garlic around roses!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

We have a book published up here, "Roses Love Garlic." It has a companion book called "Carrots Love Tomatoes."